Should I go for Reliance Broadband Thunder Plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter rajin90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,232
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
ifcl
currently i am paying 520+ rs[included service tax] [50 free calls ] 15-20KBps
i want to move to THUNDER 549/699 plan ----> end cost 600+/750+ [include tax]
i read the thread full of past 1 month network problems soi wish to know should i go for it?
each thunder plan is offering 1mbps after certain gb usage . what byte of speed i can expect normally
considering there is no fault with their network.
my current isp is working well and hardly i face any downtime [ once i 6months phenomena for 1-2 hours] its router so no need to login again and again . else i know not much . advice me .

Their quality in service varies by region, so you'll need to do a little bit of research. From what I understand, their current congestion in network is a nationwide problem and are working on getting it resolved. I was on the 699 plan, myself (before upgrading to the 1099 plan) and faced no problems with it. Expect download speeds of around 230-250Kb/s on the 699 plan. You will need to log in once every 24 hours, through their login portal.

how much time they take to process application? do i need to buy modem? i am lookingto start with 549 and later we can change plan easily?

rajin90 said:
how much time they take to process application? do i need to buy modem? i am lookingto start with 549 and later we can change plan easily?
Once you apply and it's available in your area, the sales guy will come to your house with a form that you'll need to fill out.
You'll need to pay 599+549 (installation charges+one month's advance payment). Make sure you pay him by cheque, not cash.
The connection should be up and running within 2 or 3 days. They will provide a modem, which is non-WiFi. You could always buy an after-market WiFi router for wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.