Should I cool my laptop battery like this?

ISP
Jio
My laptop battery is nearly dead. While browsing the internet, my laptop hardly remains on for 15 minutes. I saw a YouTube video, and I'm thinking to follow it. Can it harm my battery? And what are the precautions I shall take?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXEsg-xXO_U

Playing with batteries is extremely dangerous stuff.. be very careful in whatever you do with them.

if you have decided to do that...Use normal plastic bag and sealed the side open area by heating and pressing

if you have decided to do that...Use normal plastic bag and sealed the side open area by heating and pressing

That is very dangerous I feel as a decent amount of air may completely destroy the battery.

You dont need vacuum tight as video shows there are air in his pack.

Its better to get a new battery..than a new laptop...my suggestion...You know that way...you can save some bucks... 😕

A new battery would easily cost more than Rs. 6000 and I'm not in any mood to pay so much just for a battery.
Dude..if you mess up the process and by chance if you have some moisture clotted on the battery terminals..then you will be losing your SMPS unit....which would cost you more than that..
Go for a local chinese,taiwan cell..that would cost you like 2-3K depending on your model/availability....

The battery backup time of Li-ion batteries decrease significantly when they are very cold (and even more when they are at a sub-zero temperature). So I really doubt putting it in the freezer for several hours is going to improve it. I suspect that video is for trolling.Even if you do this try to make sure the temperature gradient at any time is not very high (electronics don't like it when their temperature suddenly rises a lot e.g. from -10*C to 20*C within a few minutes) and wipe off any moisture after you take it out from the freezer. Also ensure that the battery doesn't get wet anywhere (I believe that's what the plastic bag is for). Apart from that I don't believe it is dangerous.You might also be able to get it replaced under warranty; at least some Compaq models have warranties where you can get the battery replaced for free in such cases.