Should I cool my laptop battery like this?

AbhishekMSharma

My laptop battery is nearly dead. While browsing the internet, my laptop hardly remains on for 15 minutes. I saw a YouTube video, and I'm thinking to follow it. Can it harm my battery? And what are the precautions I shall take?[video=youtube;eXEsg-xXO_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXEsg-xXO_U[/video]

iCon

masoom kameena!
Playing with batteries is extremely dangerous stuff.. be very careful in whatever you do with them.

AbhishekMSharma

I have taken out my laptop battery out and I am ready to place it in the freezer too, but I don't have an air-tight plastic bag of that size. Any suggestions?

iCon

masoom kameena!
if you have decided to do that...Use normal plastic bag and sealed the side open area by heating and pressing

AbhishekMSharma

if you have decided to do that...Use normal plastic bag and sealed the side open area by heating and pressing

That is very dangerous I feel as a decent amount of air may completely destroy the battery.

iCon

masoom kameena!
You dont need vacuum tight as video shows there are air in his pack.

volcano619

Prononimous
A new battery would easily cost more than Rs. 6000 and I'm not in any mood to pay so much just for a battery.
Dude..if you mess up the process and by chance if you have some moisture clotted on the battery terminals..then you will be losing your SMPS unit....which would cost you more than that..
Go for a local chinese,taiwan cell..that would cost you like 2-3K depending on your model/availability....