Should Bsnl Launch 64 Kbps Unlimited For Rs.500

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,567

hitech

Bsnl being a public sector company responsible for increasing Internet penetration in India, I think BSNL must bring 64 kbps for Rs.500. If tata can do it, why cant bsnl?I think a 256 kbps bsnl connection"s actual speed is 50 kbps. so, also keep in mind a 64 kbps connection will give only dialup speed. Please discuss this.

err.. your wrong.. bsnl/mtnl have to provide broadband speeds.. and only speeds of 256kbps and above count as BB.. so 64kbps is out of the question... and they both already provide unlimited dial up dude!! and speed of 256kbps = 32KB... and on dial up. depending on your line you would get around 4-6KB ..

We should get over the mentality of a 64kbps connection.Its soo slow.Incredibly slow.Why are we still stuck in 64kbps land? Time to move on.BSNL shud not reducde speeds below 256kbps.IF anything.increase 🙂 but thats just wishful thinking.

yeah,we should not go back to 64k or 128k.If possible bring down 256k to some 500 bucks to make it attractive as well as affordable.

"People should not be afraid of thier governments,Governments should be afraid of thier people"[/b]

Hi, these are precisely the ideas that do not allow india to move forward. the trouble is that we indians are happy getting the bare minimum. It was a great decision by bsnl to provide a min of 256 kbps. they should not go back on this. if you want to introduce broadband to the masses then decrease the cost of the connection , but do not compromise on the speed..i feel a reasonable deal would be 512 kbps at about 500 a month..

come on guys dont go retro..world is moving onto megabit and gigabit speeds and we want 64 Kbps??I agree with you with on the price..but the speed should be atleast 512 K.

I'd rather pay 410 for a 64 kbps limited connection (Sify) than 700+ or whatever for 256.

The progress of a country has little to do with data transfer speeds. Its not like you guys who have posted in this thread are going to cure poverty or find a cure for cancer when you get a 512 kbps connection for Rs 500. You're still going to use it for warez/pr0n/p2p etc.

So get real and stop kidding yourselves. You have a right to demand a price reduction for 256+ speed connections, but you do not have a right to say that 64 kpbs needs to be abolished.

ur still gonna do the same things .whether is 256k or 64k..oh sure go ahead just spend more time doing the samething.. 🙄

64 kbps is thrash! Neither you can surf nor download in peace. I prefer down speed of 35 kbps for 6 hrs a day rather than 8-9 kbps for the whole day for the same price.

I would like to say that I DONT agree with the OP on this one. The minimum speed should be 256Kbps and UL downloads, no port caps, public IP (static or dynamic), no throttling and obviously an always on connection. I also highly agree with the guy who said that this 64Kbps mentality of us Indians is whats holding us back!

QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ May 4 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]50241[/snapback]
I'd rather pay 410 for a 64 kbps limited connection (Sify) than 700+ or whatever for 256.
[/b]
Thats your personal choice.

QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ May 4 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]50241[/snapback]
The progress of a country has little to do with data transfer speeds. Its not like you guys who have posted in this thread are going to cure poverty or find a cure for cancer when you get a 512 kbps connection for Rs 500. You're still going to use it for warez/pr0n/p2p etc.

So get real and stop kidding yourselves. You have a right to demand a price reduction for 256+ speed connections, but you do not have a right to say that 64 kpbs needs to be abolished.[/b]
Well not everyone downloads warez, pr0n and does p2p. You get tired pretty quickly of all these things. I run a router which is on pretty much 24x7 except when its just sitting idle (i.e. no downloads). If I get a truly unlimited connection then I would set aside 128Kbps of dedicated bandwidth on my connection to work on projects which map the human GENOME or Cancer / HIV / AIDS / SETI research etc... The only thing thats holding me back right now is that I have too little bandwidth :/

do we have a say in what we want from the companies providing services to us?none of these companies have any facility like feedback or suggestion...we might want what we want and ask for it. but it rarely makes a difference in the end. competition is what brings new stuff to us. and well we dont have much competition when it comes to broadband...reliance is one company which could have changed it all for the broadband scene in india... but where the hell are they?

Sushubh you hit the nail on the head! If these companies start asking us what we want then they will be able to give us better service and more revenue for themselves!Oh BTW Reliance is still laying dormant until one day it realizes that BSNL/MTNL/Airtel are "monopolizing" the broadband market and then it will suddenly wake up with a $100 million media blitz krieg and crashing the broadband prices....lol...🙄