Should Bsnl Launch 64 Kbps Unlimited For Rs.500

hitech

Bsnl being a public sector company responsible for increasing Internet penetration in India, I think BSNL must bring 64 kbps for Rs.500. If tata can do it, why cant bsnl?I think a 256 kbps bsnl connection"s actual speed is 50 kbps. so, also keep in mind a 64 kbps connection will give only dialup speed. Please discuss this.

chicmagnet

Regulars
Regulars
err.. your wrong.. bsnl/mtnl have to provide broadband speeds.. and only speeds of 256kbps and above count as BB.. so 64kbps is out of the question... and they both already provide unlimited dial up dude!! and speed of 256kbps = 32KB... and on dial up. depending on your line you would get around 4-6KB ..

hitech

whats wrong if its not broadband? Dialup from bsnl costs rs.1500 for unlimited

muttster`

Regulars
Regulars
We should get over the mentality of a 64kbps connection.Its soo slow.Incredibly slow.Why are we still stuck in 64kbps land? Time to move on.BSNL shud not reducde speeds below 256kbps.IF anything.increase :) but thats just wishful thinking.

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
yeah,we should not go back to 64k or 128k.If possible bring down 256k to some 500 bucks to make it attractive as well as affordable.

"People should not be afraid of thier governments,Governments should be afraid of thier people"[/b]

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Hi, these are precisely the ideas that do not allow india to move forward. the trouble is that we indians are happy getting the bare minimum. It was a great decision by bsnl to provide a min of 256 kbps. they should not go back on this. if you want to introduce broadband to the masses then decrease the cost of the connection , but do not compromise on the speed..i feel a reasonable deal would be 512 kbps at about 500 a month..

cyberwiz

Regulars
come on guys dont go retro..world is moving onto megabit and gigabit speeds and we want 64 Kbps??I agree with you with on the price..but the speed should be atleast 512 K.

Dukes Mangola

Regular
Regulars
I'd rather pay 410 for a 64 kbps limited connection (Sify) than 700+ or whatever for 256.

The progress of a country has little to do with data transfer speeds. Its not like you guys who have posted in this thread are going to cure poverty or find a cure for cancer when you get a 512 kbps connection for Rs 500. You're still going to use it for warez/pr0n/p2p etc.

So get real and stop kidding yourselves. You have a right to demand a price reduction for 256+ speed connections, but you do not have a right to say that 64 kpbs needs to be abolished.