Not really, there's no point in comparing those movies to Govinda's comedies. Amitabh was versatile enough to pull off a comedy like chupke chupke, along with being intense in movies like Zanjeer. I would have a much bigger list to post, if I only listed Amitabh's "entertaining" movies. Let's not act like Naseerudin Shah only acts in "Oscar worthy" movies, he was in Dirty picture and I thought the movie was awful.

Even Naseer does some lousy movies sometimes - But lot of his old movies are good - Masoom, A Wednesday are some of my favourites..

----------

Chupke Chupke was Dharmendra's movie - Amitabh essentially had a small, albeit significant role.

Never said Naseer did all good movies, he did many crap movies too.Chupke chupke was more for Dharmendra, Amitabh had smaller role. Zanjeer is gud, but seriously is that great?Infact Amit did way better comedy in multi starrers. Remember the famous naseeb scene in front of mirror, Amar Akbar Antony. Namakhalal's scene of "I talk english" and so on...

Its the age old argument - Better Actor Vs Bigger Star .. Being in Tamil Nadu, I have seen 100s of arguments including Rajnikanth Vs Kamal Hassan , Vijay Vs Ajit etc & so on

Infact Bollywood was so biased to the so called "Parallel Cinema" heroes. Naseer atleast got lucky and bagged some good roles. Om puri never got good roles, he got some from 2000s. Om puri's comic role in Chachi 420 is the one of the best, so is in Hera Pheri. These gud actors hardly had any popular movies at that time.

----------

offtopic

@mhsabir I guess Rajni wins cos he is a great human being 😛. On acting Kamal is way ahead.

I guess Ajit is miles ahead of vijay

Yes, you are right - Hence, cannot have a reasonable end agreement on such arguments. What say, Eh - @TooCool... 😀

Like said before, those are entertaining movies. Else Govinda would be said to have done many great movies 🙂

Aha! I now finally understand it. For my whole life I've wondered how to find out if a movie is great or not. Now I know! If it's entertaining, it's not "great"......

Its just a case of sour grapes with Naseer saab. Great films, good acting is subjective. There is not standard definition. What seems great to one may not seem to another. Naseer has been criticizing Amitabh in almost all his interviews. Its almost like 'Amitabh acted in commercial films so he cant be a great actor'. I agree Amitabh has acted in many pathetic films mostly in his 'second innings'. But in the 70's and 80's he was the undisputed king. In fact he was a perfect combination of star and actor. Usually most star's cant act and great actors are not stars. But he was both.Naseer seems to think that every other actor is inferior to him and only he and other parallel cinema actors are great. And this opinion seems to have been passed on to his son Imaad. Just yesterday I read his interview where he said that he doesnt need help from 'Bollywood Dinosaurs' (or words to that effect, I dont remember the exact line). In his interview he should have elaborated on his definition of greatness and what is lacking from Sholay! Some of my personal favourite films of Amitabh's are (in no specific order) : Anand, Zanjeer, Deewaar, Sholay, Majboor, Do Anjaney, Mili, Chupke Chupke, Trishul, Satte Pe satta, Bemisaal, Don, Silsila, Shakti, Agneepath, Main Azaad Hoon, Dev etc.I couldnt care less if they dont fit Shah's definition of greatness, I like them.

hah. he did not say that bachchan was not a great actor. he said he was a great actor but his choice of movies were largely poor and this is correct to a large extent. bachchan has done a lot of trash even in the recent years. i suppose he does not give a damn and only care about money (or perhaps working for friends no matter how shity the end project is).

Hmm I just saw the video & it seems to me he is just saying Sholay is not a great film in the artistic sense... I seem to agree with him... He also says that AB is a great actor & he always has believed that so... So just trying to figure out what all this halla gulla is all about... These media ppl are so short of stories they will just make one up just to keep their ratings up... Anyway I love both AB & Nasser's films & Janne bhi do yarro ,chupke chupke & Namak Halal are among my fav films 🙂... PS If Sholay belongs to any one it would be Amjed Khan(Gabbar Singh)... yeh haath humka de de Thakur 😀...