Shock Treatment for all ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,223
ISP
MTNL
Today i went along wid my friend at mtnl exchange Prabhadevi Mumbai.He wanted to apply for Night unlimited 590 scheme.But to our shock.... it was withdrawn.That official said to us that NU scheme is on trial basis and will be discontinued after 31st december 2005 😱 😱 😱 He also said MTNL is in loss due to NU scheme.Where does that leave us ?NOWHERE...... I feel like crying :mellow: This is note there on their website as of today stating limited time implementation.Does anyone hav pakka info as when its gonna be stopped ?

well that is why i prefer airtel over anything else.

December 31 is quite sometime away..i expect them to improve a better package by then.....how are they loosing money due to NU ?

Hey muttster`, everyone having the NU plan downloads around 300MB data on an average every night. It costs MTNL a hell lot, bandwidth, data transfer etc. BTW: Whosoever using the NU plan does'nt download anythin in da NIGHT shud quit this plan, as he/she is waisting it..... 😛 Guys, if its 31st Dec' 2005.........start planning ur downloads..... 😀

Does MTNL have to pay per GB ? I dunno whether ISPs have to pay per GB or anything...i dont know how else they could be loosing money..I thought they just purchase the bandwidth..utilize it or let it go idle the bill/cost is the same?

Well ISPs take leased lines.....they wont be under any loss due to NU. But i advise here to so called power downloaders......download wisely otherwise every isp is gonna discontinue unlimited plans

well, if they do so, i believe then we'll go backwards to the dial-up days and not the real broadband era...

true..^^maybe because of NU MTNL thinks people do all the downloading at nights and thus aint going for higher GB (costlier) plans..

And that is what true unlimited all about...download to heart's content...'power downloads' indeed! Of course they don't expect 'mail-browse-logoff' population as NU target audience. And if they do...well...damn them. I'll just go back to my Plan B unlimited dialup 🙂

True, we need NU plans.Think of having a MSDN subscription and you want to download the OS, Apps etc.What about downloading linux to learn, I mean diff distis.Down in Tamilnadu, Airtel has announced 24hrs unlimited for Rs 500 a month!Sandeep

Hey !!!! Don't u all think tht we r applying our minds too early........atleast let us wait 4 any damn announcement made by the MTNL guys..... 😛 Wht say u ppl?????