Shiv sena attacks ibn offices in mumbai, pune

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Yes, may be. But then every Marathi person has inclination towards Shivsena, because we know the facts, while your thoughts about them are based on false image created by biased media.
Can you enlighten us as to these facts ?

Do it in bullet form.

But the controversial show on IBN-Lokmat in which Wagle had crossed the limit in criticising.

As I said above, Wagle's comments were far ahead from 'Freedom of Speech'.
Any chance to get a transcript of that show ? --it must be infamous now :)

Could Mr. Wagle not kept his criticism away from any personal comments. As he has TV channel, he cannot get away by making personal comments. But if he uses his 'TV power', then Shivsena can use their 'muscle power'.
Would you think what Wagle said benefitted in any way the MNS at the cost of SS ?

And if action is taken, Shivsena would emerge as 'Hero' in fight by accepting punishment.
Hmm is this the 'persecuted victim' thinking here ?

In that case BT would want to get some sort of punishment, as this is where his calculations point to. Tho i think it would be a bonus and not the main motivation, his main aim is to be in the public's eye (good or bas makes no difference) and that he has achieved. Bad is better than good, because now he gets extra publicity.

What interruption? Whatever happened was inside Lokmat office. Life outside was normal as Amish said :)
I was referring to Lokmat, its a business and the interruption + damage suffered as a result.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
@blr_p,
I cannot list out facts, but you can visit [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiv_Sena]Shiv Sena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] for all information on good (or bad deeds) of Shivsena.
I tried to search transcript of 'that' programme by Wagle, but perhaps he spoke few words, which are not available on any 3rd (neutral) news site. All I got is text from Marathi & Hindi Samaana :(
Where it is mentioned that Wagle gone far behind in personally abusing Sr. Thackeray (may be emotional burst) on the programme which was organised to discuss Sachin Vs Sena issue, and even guests on the show were taken back by surprise over his words.

ghatoch

Regulars
ISP
What is ISP?
what is the question?

lol :rofl:

----------

@blr_p,
I cannot list out facts, but you can visit Shiv Sena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for all information on good (or bad deeds) of Shivsena.
I tried to search transcript of 'that' programme by Wagle, but perhaps he spoke few words, which are not available on any 3rd (neutral) news site. All I got is text from Marathi & Hindi Samaana :(
Where it is mentioned that Wagle gone far behind in personally abusing Sr. Thackeray (may be emotional burst) on the programme which was organised to discuss Sachin Vs Sena issue, and even guests on the show were taken back by surprise over his words.

half knowledge is always dangerous.so nothing wrong in your case.and I hope you are not doing such things there in UK (as i believe you are in UK) otherwise :rofl: that is not India where people can get away.

and the sites you gave will make all of us here like you if we read :imbored:

mirzarocx

Regulars
ISP
Broandband
My first reaction was - "What the hell were they thinking?"I am a very practical person. In today's age, there is no friend like media and no enemy like media. But attacking IBN-Lokmat, Shiv Sena has made a permanent enemy and this in a day and age when politicians bend over backwards to make media happy?Also, I don't see SS getting benefit out of this. They have made more enemies than friends. The power of TV media is any day more powerful than a group of goondas and SS needs to understand that. also, I don't think IBN-Lokmat will keep quiet after this.

ghatoch

Regulars
ISP
What is ISP?
I think media is the most corrupt. Because they bribe others to give them some info :rofl:
Just like the Babri report.

----------

Saw in News that SS have again said something against Sachin :imwink:

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
My first reaction was - "What the hell were they thinking?
That was my reaction too but the key is to be found in what SVK says here...

May be this time, some action would be taken by govt. But in either way Shivsena would gain. Because if no action is taken, then Public would ask questions to govt. And if action is taken, Shivsena would emerge as 'Hero' in fight by accepting punishment.

So you can see there is no downside for BT, its WIN-WIN.

The power of TV media is any day more powerful than a group of goondas and SS needs to understand that.

So he takes a calculated risk to fight a bigger opponent and if he gets away with it then he & SS look better in the long run.

How audacious does this move appear now :D

But attacking IBN-Lokmat, Shiv Sena has made a permanent enemy and this in a day and age when politicians bend over backwards to make media happy?
BT may get away with what RT cannot and thats all that matters. The goal is for SS to look better than MNS and attract their suporters. Get more for yourself and rob the opponent, so MNS is the bigger target of this action than IBN ;)

Also, I don't see SS getting benefit out of this. They have made more enemies than friends.

BT is in a make or break situation and has to get the SS back using any trick in the book. And given he's been in this business for a long time now, must have quite a few up his sleeve.

also, I don't think IBN-Lokmat will keep quiet after this.
What can they do ?

BT can come and trash their office when he feels like, can they repay him the favour ? No

Let's see how this develops for the next few months and then review whether he made the right move or not but i think he & SS made a quick win already by taking this scalp because this episode will be forgotten by then.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
That was my reaction too but the key is to be found in what SVK says here...

Why is 'key' with me? I am not spokeperson/member/IBF-term-fanboy of them ;)
What ever I wanted to say, I said in my past 3 posts in this thread.

Just would add an interesting thing about news coverage of attack by other media. All Marathi news paper are avoiding to use word 'Lokmat', as its rival organisation to them, and just mentions attack on channel IBN. While most of TV News channel avoid using word 'IBN' and presents news as attack on Marathi news channel Lokmat.
Thats Freedom of Speech! :rofl:

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Did not say key is 'with' you but rather what you said above may explain what happened and so I extrapolated from it.Do you agree with anything i said in the previous post ?

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
Did not say key is 'with' you but rather what you said above may explain what happened and so I extrapolated from it.

Do you agree with anything i said in the previous post ?
Ok. Yes I completely agree with you.

D

Deleted member 7160

Thackeray bahu Smita set to join Congress - India - The Times of India

she feels the Shiv Sena is being unfair to Maharashtrians with its parochial and divisive politics and two, she was being systematically marginalised by powerful elements in the Thackeray household.

``I cannot stand the suffocation any more and have decided to join the Congress, which has a national and global vision. I now feel most comfortable with the Congress ideology.''And there was more gushing praise for the first family of Indian politics

ISP
AirTel Broadband
Jaidev Thackeray..Bal Thackeray's son...

AC

----------

From what i know..Jaidev Thackeray and Bal Thackeray are estranged...even then his wife Smita Thackeray was very close to Bal Thackeray....

A while back Jaidev Thackeray had tried to join the NCP, but Sharad Pawar politely declined.....what people believe was due to a tacit understanding between Bal Thackeray and Sharad Pawar to save Shiv Sena the blushes...

AC