Shiv sena attacks ibn offices in mumbai, pune

ghatoch

Regulars
ISP
What is ISP?
yearly na, you are being too polite :D those looks to be monthly habits as we often get to hear in news something or other.sometimes every week :)

----------

I hope this time the News channels will make some blackout for 24hrs :icry:

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Lets just imagine if all news channels shut down their broadcast for 1 full day.. what will itlook like?

It would be expensive but otherwise an excellent way for the stations to protest :urock:

Its clear whats happened here is a trangression on freedom of the press as well as speech.

Activism of this sort is the MAIN reasons why we score low in the world wrt to press freedom like countries with repressive govts elsewhere.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
It was about to happen. The way Lokmat was criticising Sr. Thackeray and calling him with bad words, it was way ahead of freedom of expression. May be Lokmat have never even criticised Osama or Kasab in that manner. And after all those bad words, Shivsena men's anger was definately going to explode, and it happened.Lokmat's editor Wagle had past history of writing against Shivsena for many years, and now with TV channel along, he was more active on television doing it. Now it would be interesting to see what happens next.(BTW why is there need for worry to common man in Mumbai, they were not attacked)

KopOut

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
These shiv senik are lovable bunch arent they? they all look innocent and peaceful :ashamed:

(BTW why is there need for worry to common man in Mumbai, they were not attacked)

How we are so thankful for that, we are in mercy of them after all :isleep: they haven't hit a common man but they hit a women like 'unemployed cowardly gundas' that they are and probably would have molested her if there weren't any one there.

croper

Regular
ISP
airtel
yes was listening to those news and they said those shiv seniks attacked at reception and also hit a homan :mad: I wonder what SVK is thinking about.Maybe he is not having full knowledge of what has happend there.:icry:

----------

It was about to happen. The way Lokmat was criticising Sr. Thackeray and calling him with bad words,

so you agree that those thackeray's have freedom to do anything and say anything they want against anyone? Just recently we read that they attacked Sachin's remarks by saying him something and advising him that he should stick to cricket when he didnt say anything wrong against them :mad:.

croper

Regular
ISP
airtel
BJP condemns the attacks and distincts itself from Sena this time around

Sindh Today – Online News BJP condemns Shiv Sena violence at TV channel offices

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has strongly condemned Friday’s attack by Shiv Sena activists on the offices of IBN-Lokmat network channel in Mumbai and Pune.

BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told IANS that the incident was “unfortunate and strongly condemnable”.

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
It was about to happen. The way Lokmat was criticising Sr. Thackeray and calling him with bad words, it was way ahead of freedom of expression. May be Lokmat have never even criticised Osama or Kasab in that manner. And after all those bad words, Shivsena men's anger was definately going to explode, and it happened.

Lokmat's editor Wagle had past history of writing against Shivsena for many years, and now with TV channel along, he was more active on television doing it.
So why not bring a case against the station and specifically Wagle for libel ?
But i guess there was little chance of success here isn't it ;)

That would be the civiised way of doing it. It would set an example that there is respect for rule of law.

Now it would be interesting to see what happens next.
Care to make any predictions ?

I think nothing :(

(BTW why is there need for worry to common man in Mumbai, they were not attacked)
Every need for the common man to worry when nobody will get punished tho i understand several arrests were made. So who pays for all this interruption & damage ?

Press is supposed to be voice for the people. If BT wants to say the things he does and expects to get away then so long as he sticks within limits he is allowed to do so. But at the same time so is Wagle or you, me or anyone else for that matter.

Thats the theory anyway, practice and ground realites as we sadly know are very different :(

Fiber_Optic

Regulars
First MNS was attacking North Indians and getting all the publicity, now SS has up the ante and is getting publicity by attacking media,criticizing Sachin for saying he is Indian first.The worrying thing is what would MNS do to get back in the limelight?

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
See what amish posted, they already gave their very predictable response :)BT is on the backfoot, he has to try harder than RT.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
yes was listening to those news and they said those shiv seniks attacked at reception and also hit a homan :mad: I wonder what SVK is thinking about.Maybe he is not having full knowledge of what has happend there.:icry:
As per Shivsena's statement, no woman was hit by attackers, only editor was targetted. But its false allegation by Lokmat/IBN that woman was also hit.
so you agree that those thackeray's have freedom to do anything and say anything they want against anyone? Just recently we read that they attacked Sachin's remarks by saying him something and advising him that he should stick to cricket when he didnt say anything wrong against them :mad:.
Yes they have. What Sachin said was wrong, and Thackeray have all the rights to 'advice' Sachin. But they didnt target/attack Sachin as published by media. Even after that Sachin's news are published on 1st page of Saamana.

I guess SVK has slight inclination towards Shivsena. But nothing wrong in it, its his views.
Yes, may be. But then every Marathi person has inclination towards Shivsena, because we know the facts, while your thoughts about them are based on false image created by biased media.

So why not bring a case against the station and specifically Wagle for libel ?
But i guess there was little chance of success here isn't it ;)
That would be the civiised way of doing it. It would set an example that there is respect for rule of law.

It was respect to law that till now, Shivsena were quite. But the controversial show on IBN-Lokmat in which Wagle had crossed the limit in criticising. Could Mr. Wagle not kept his criticism away from any personal comments. As he has TV channel, he cannot get away by making personal comments. But if he uses his 'TV power', then Shivsena can use their 'muscle power'.

Care to make any predictions ?

I think nothing :(

May be this time, some action would be taken by govt. But in either way Shivsena would gain. Because if no action is taken, then Public would ask questions to govt. And if action is taken, Shivsena would emerge as 'Hero' in fight by accepting punishment.
Every need for the common man to worry when nobody will get punished tho i understand several arrests were made. So who pays for all this interruption & damage ?

What interruption? Whatever happened was inside Lokmat office. Life outside was normal as Amish said :)
Press is supposed to be voice for the people. If BT wants to say the things he does and expects to get away then so long as he sticks within limits he is allowed to do so. But at the same time so is Wagle or you, me or anyone else for that matter.
Thats the theory anyway, practice and ground realites as we sadly know are very different :(
As I said above, Wagle's comments were far ahead from 'Freedom of Speech'.
See what amish posted, they already gave their very predictable response :)

BT is on the backfoot, he has to try harder than RT.
Yes, thats true. Shivsena is trying hard to gain back the position they lost to MNS. But these attacks were impulsive and not related to competition with MNS.

croper

Regular
ISP
airtel
As per Shivsena's statement, no woman was hit by attackers, only editor was targetted. But its false allegation by Lokmat/IBN that woman was also hit.

Yes they have. What Sachin said was wrong, and Thackeray have all the rights to 'advice' Sachin. But they didnt target/attack Sachin as published by media. Even after that Sachin's news are published on 1st page of Saamana.

for first para.. "A thief will never accept his wrong doings"

For the para about Sachin you must be kidding,What Sachin said was wrong..lolz. he said he is INDIAN , and we know you are in UK now so obviously the effect is showing :grin:

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
Yes, may be. But then every Marathi person has inclination towards Shivsena, because we know the facts, while your thoughts about them are based on false image created by biased media.

Wow, you now almost openly admitted u r pro-shivsena. But again, nothing wrong in that.

Abt my impression abt Marathi people, I guess I do have 3-4 really CLOSE marathi friends, none seem to be in Shivsena's favour.

And if every Marathi person was inclined to Shivsena then shudnt the poll results be different?