Shipping a phone with integrated battery through courier

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2,924
I have sent two phones through speedpost , had no problems but i had made sure that it was really well packed, ensure nothing is moving in the phone box, cover the phone box with bubble wrap ( 2-3 layers) , then place this in another bigger cardboard box, i keep some boxes that i get from online ordering from flipkart/Amazon, they are useful when i have to ship something .

I have sent my Nexus 4 to Bangalore. It costed me 450 and the parcel reached in less than 24 hrs form bombay.

^ for speed post, they some times ask, they try to shake the package then ask whats inside, you can say that its a computer part (or make up anything) & its unbreakable, they just want to ensure that its unbreakable , ensure that when you shake the package nothing moves & you cant hear any thing .

right. sounds like an option. i should test deliver a box with nothing of value in it for the lulz 😛

called up fedex today. does not look that bad. i was told that phone can be shipped. i just need to drain the battery completely.

here are the approx prices they told me for shipping a 500gram package from gurgaon to rourkela:

simple shipment without insurance: Rs. 550
priority shipment without insurance: Rs. 1050
priority shipment with insurance: Rs. 1250

i really do not mind these prices. now the challenge is to pack the phone in a way that it is safe and is under 500 grams 😀

also waiting for maxx pricing info before making the final decision.

Rs. 550 for shipping phone? I sent phone from Amritsar to mumbai through bluedart courier and it costs Rs. 250. It was LG G2 with non removable battery

I once tried shipping modem courier guys asked if there was a battery inside they said it would raise an alarm at metal detectors. Not sure if this is something to consider.

FedEx is usually on the expensive side. I am just happy that more than one option exist. Not a big fan of blue Dart though would check them out as well.