• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 15,853

VivR

searcher
ISP
Airtel, MTNL and Reliance
Hi!

I am from New Delhi and wanting to port out from Vodafone due to the following reasons:

1) They charge 199 per month for Vodafone Mobile Connect (even though i have the requirement of it 4-5 times in a month, i have to make it active for the entire month). Also, there is no free data usages, and anything that you use will be chargeable at 10 paisa / 10 KB from the 1st second.

On the other hand Airtel has very lucrative option for mobile internet: monthly rental Rs. 98 only. 2 GB data usage free. And post 2 GB, it is 30 paisa / 50 KB which means 6 paisa / 10 KB.

2) 3G is not yet launched on Vodafone (though they said they are launching it soon, they have not published their 3G rates yet). I am eager/needy to use 3G service which is something Airtel has already launched.

3) Vodafone has very limited network coverage in Bihar & Jharkhand and some other circles, so when i go there on roaming, my mobile has to depend on other operators. Though the calling part works fine on other networks, there is no possibility of internet use in a cross operator scenario. Whereas, Airtel has full coverage in the above circles and both calling and internet work good.

I have read good review about VSNL in other threads, but VSNL is not available in Delhi. 😡

So, would it be a good decision to shift from Vodafone to Airtel or should i remain on Vodafone (read that Vodafone got the highest benefits from MNP) ? I would also like to listen particularly from those (particularly from Delhi region) who have shifted FROM Airtel TO Vodafone, what influenced their decision to do so.

😛leasehelp:😛leasehelp:

Thanks!

shifting from vodafone to airtel ... there are many who want to shift other way round due to network issue .. no doubt vodafone is costly affair ..there are few member from you area so hope they can tell you better about airtel .. between you can also go through airtel section to get the feedback on the same ..

I have good news to share which made me not to port out and i hope this will help many other who was thinking in the same line:

1) Coincidently, i received an SMS from vodafone an hour ago which exactly read this: Vodafone 3G is here-it is faster, smarter, better. To try 3G at your current data rates, Sent ACT 3G to111(tollfree). Service will be activated within 24hrs. Trail offer valid only till 31st Mar11 without any monthly rent.

I have immediately sent the SMS and within few minutes another sms came - 3G services on your phone will get activated within 24 hrs. Your charges will remain same as your current 2G plan.

So within 24 hours from now i am going to have 3G on the same rate of 2G (at least till 31st March) and can see what the benefits i can garner from this new technology. 😀😀😀

2) Another good news. I called customer care and told about how i feel about the VMC (vodafone mobile connect) and how unreasonable it is to charge Rs. 199 just for having this service active and blah blah blah. And to much of my pleasant surprise, the customer care executive told me that there is new plan launched just a couple of months ago in which you have to pay Rs. 198 per month AND there will be 3GB data to used free under this plan. Apart from that, post 3 GB usage, a flat rat of 5 paisa / 10 KB will be charged (earlier it was double). That's really good news guys! :hysterical::hysterical:

Anyone who is currently active on Rs. 199 VMC, i would suggest to cancel it and go for the above mentioned Rs. 198 plan. It is benefiting in all aspects.

You can cancel 199 plan by sending an sms CAN VMC199 to 111 from your mobile. Meanwhile, call the customer care and tell them to activate 198 plan in your account. Your current 199 VMC service will be deactivated within 24 hours. As soon as it get deactivated you need to re-activate the 199 plan by sending an sms ACT VMC199 to 111 (Don't worry this will be a Rs. 0 rental plan now, and will work/required as a base package for the 198 plan).

These two news have certainly made my day and now no shifting. :irock:

This also shows how the MNP in particular and competition in general has made the operators give cheaper and better services.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: LONG LIVE MNP :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2) Another good news. I called customer care and told about how i feel about the VMC (vodafone mobile connect) and how unreasonable it is to charge Rs. 199 just for having this service active and blah blah blah. And to much of my pleasant surprise, the customer care executive told me that there is new plan launched just a couple of months ago in which you have to pay Rs. 198 per month AND there will be 3GB data to used free under this plan. Apart from that, post 3 GB usage, a flat rat of 5 paisa / 10 KB will be charged (earlier it was double). That's really good news guys! :hysterical::hysterical:

good .. so finally you got both the scheme you want .. lik 3g and good gprs plan ...

the problem with vodafone is that they don't make plan in public .. they will spend time how zozo is flying and how he saves life .. now .. zozo is powerful than spider man .. super man and rajanikant ...

i feel they need to advertise these plans to make sure every one is aware of the same .. even there site sucks ...

I have good news to share which made me not to port out and i hope this will help many other who was thinking in the same line:

1) Coincidently, i received an SMS from vodafone an hour ago which exactly read this: Vodafone 3G is here-it is faster, smarter, better. To try 3G at your current data rates, Sent ACT 3G to111(tollfree). Service will be activated within 24hrs. Trail offer valid only till 31st Mar11 without any monthly rent.

I have immediately sent the SMS and within few minutes another sms came - 3G services on your phone will get activated within 24 hrs. Your charges will remain same as your current 2G plan.

So within 24 hours from now i am going to have 3G on the same rate of 2G (at least till 31st March) and can see what the benefits i can garner from this new technology. 😀😀😀

BEWARE: After 31 March, there is a separate tariff plan for 3G & as usual their plan SuX.

They got 3 new plans for DATA Users:
1) Rs.198/mnth = 3GB Data Usage Bundled.
2) Rs.148/mnth = 2GB Data Usage Bundled.
3) Rs.98/mnth = 1GB Data Usage Bundled.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: LONG LIVE MNP :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2) Another good news. I called customer care and told about how i feel about the VMC (vodafone mobile connect) and how unreasonable it is to charge Rs. 199 just for having this service active and blah blah blah. And to much of my pleasant surprise, the customer care executive told me that there is new plan launched just a couple of months ago in which you have to pay Rs. 198 per month AND there will be 3GB data to used free under this plan. Apart from that, post 3 GB usage, a flat rat of 5 paisa / 10 KB will be charged (earlier it was double). That's really good news guys!

They got 3 new plans for DATA Users:
1) Rs.198/mnth = 3GB Data Usage Bundled.
2) Rs.148/mnth = 2GB Data Usage Bundled.
3) Rs.98/mnth = 1GB Data Usage Bundled.

Vodafone prepaid
Rs 95/2GB
so for Rs 190 you get 4GB

Vodafone prepaid
Rs 95/2GB
so for Rs 190 you get 4GB

Ya, you're right.
Nowadays Pre-Paid Plans are better than Post-Paid ones.

all prepaid plans are always better that post paid.No ISD / STD Deposits on prepaidNo Service Tax on prepaidNo tentions of over billingBetter rates & dataplans on prepaidFull talk time available on prepaidYou guys can add more benefits!

yeah thats i prefer prepaid .. there are many top up scheme available so use the one u like ...

Prepaid does have service tax (atleast on paper) but in some recharges they give FULL recharge.

Prepaid does have service tax (atleast on paper) but in some recharges they give FULL recharge.

vodafone rocks when it comes to full talktime recharges.

dunno. but i recharge 444 on airtel and it is supposed to give full talktime?

yeah. i used mchek for my first and most recent recharge 😀 of course the OTP requirement makes the process a bit more complicated. and i am not sure if this recharge is available through retail stores. freecharge also has the same charge available i believe.

its only full talktimes which are tax free.freecharge.in is fine but the website does not say which denomination they accept. Most of the time the transaction fail for un supported amount entered.Also all operators have full talktime on their lifetime validity cards.The websites for online recharges have become pain after the complications of OTA.