Shell + FTP access to ONT & Admin woes.

ISP
Airtel
I am running into an issue accessing ONT router via shell. It is giving me only a limited set of commands which can be executed on the router.

Screenshot - Terminal

The ONT SSID-2.4Ghz + password, and DNS-1 are getting reset for the router after every reboot. All the remaining settings stay the same - I had set all settings as default earlier and all but 2 mentioned previously survive reboot. I am trying to diagnose what exactly isn't getting changed in config files. TR-069 is off, so there isn't anything getting picked up from remote, right?

I have tried FTPing into the router and downloading the entire router image. But there is nothing in the entire file dump which has a stored value of SSID-1's name and/or BSNL's default DNS 61.1.1.1.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Any suggestions would be welcome.

My guess is the current settings have been saved as default and hence returns on reboot. Save the current settings in a file, try to remove custom default (if it exists) via management in router UI, reset to default/factory settings and then proceed from there.

Pretty sure that isn't the case. While I did FTP into the router, I checked all config files. All had user-defined values instead of the BSNL ones.

Despite this the 2 settings(SSID-1) and DNS-1 return to BSNL ones on reboot.

Need to find a way to see if router is phoning home to BSNL, BEFORE setting to disable TR-069 is applied during start-up.

Unlike openwrt which exposes the config files (etc/config) via a properly formatted filesystem mounted as /overlay, these devices usually store config in some proprietary manner on some flash partition (or whatever storage is in use) and I don't think it shows up via ftp. I suspect that custom commands (like 'nvram show' or 'config show' etc) or the actual flash image are needed to see the config value being used.