Sharp decline in speed

chatphobia365

ISP
Mtnl Freedom 800 combo
Hii
I am on 256K_unlimited plan which got upgraded this month to 512k. From past 2 days i m experiencing sluggish downloading and surfing speeds. My torrent speed too has declined. Speed test shows .51 mbps and line quality B*. These speed tests are normal but when i actually download, speeds hover in the range of 30-40. till 2 days back i was getting upto 64-65 on direct downloads and 55-60 on torrents. Previosuly my line quality was A. Earlier this month 2 times my phone went dead but speeds were back 2 normal. now since 2 days its even becoming difficult 2 connect to internet. after several times starting and stopping the modem, i manage to connect to the net. are you guys also experiencing such drastic speed variations? i stay in RK puram delhi. Plz advise.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lord/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin : 38.7 23.9 db
Line attenuation: 36.0 20.4 db
Data rate : 576 508 kbps

Correction!! my speeds are now in the range of 10-15kbps. even less than wat i was getting before upgradation.plz advise. Waiting for replies...thanxx

You are not alone. Since yesterday morning, i am getting slow torrent/surfing speed. Sites taking too much to load, sometimes they just don't open.

My connection speed is still 256 instead of 512 kbps (Janakpuri exchange 🙁 ) but since yesterday it seems the connection is very slow. Pages are taking time to load. Also torrents are slower. Not able to connect to enough peers. Something is wrong with MTNL network.

same here, connection got disconnected for 3 hours last night and having trouble since then. Can't reach max speed, connection breaks every 5 mins.called 1504, mother****ers tell me to re-enter my dns settings.

bro wen i check speeds on mtnl website it was 526 kbps and time to download 5 mb around 80 seconds. speed test.net showed .56mbps. but actual direct download speed varies between 15-20kbps. hope it rectfies on its own soon!!!

It's happening with me too. seems all over delhi this problem is there. Some sort of maintenance is going on i suppose in MTNL delhi network. i am facing really sluggish surfing as well as downlading speeds. Even google.com is taking 2-3 seconds to load!!

guess MTNL peeps didn't realise that doubling the speed of all the connections require some enhancements at backend too.hope they resolve the situation soon.

i think because of huge amount of booking in 599 plan might be causing it . MTNL worker was saying that we have shortage of modem now due to too much booking .

Pathetic speed now..I try to download any file from any site, the speed never goes more than 8 to 10 kbps. Earlier I used to get 180 to 210 kbps for my 2MB plan.. :frown:

speed 1/5th what i used to get after 2 hour disconnection last night.😡