Sharing single internet connection between PC and Laptop

xmentrio

[OP]
Apr 2, 2009
I have a YOU Tele 192kbps connection. It comes through a LAN card connected to a PC. Its a PPPoE connection with a dialer. I want to know a procedure so that i can access internet on PC as well as laptop. Please suggest a solution that is cost effective. Is it possible using bluetooth because I already have XMICRO BT dongle connected on my PC. I have winxp sp3 on my PC and windows vista home premium on my laptop which have both wireless and bluetooth inbuilt.

armaan_99

Armaan
Regulars
Nov 28, 2006
Bangalore
Do you have a Model or the LAN cable is directly getting fixed on to your LAN Card of PC or Laptop. 1. If you have a Modem, you can change it to PPPoE mode from Bridge.2. If you dont have modem then you have to buy one more lan card 200-250 rs and share it to your laptop. Only Lan will work Wifi will not work

essbebe

Regulars
Aug 20, 2006
@xmentrio
welcome to broadbandforum.in
(a)I have a YOU Tele 192kbps connection.
OK.
Is it a cable connection ? or along with cable TV connection ?

(b)It comes through a LAN card connected to a PC
Not clear. You mean a Modem? supplied by ISP ?
(c)cable connection ==>>== Rj45 cable ==Pc's LANcard or ethernet card.
(d)Its a PPPoE connection with a dialer
Internet dialed using a dialer.

Post the following information:
If you can access the / ( if any) DEvice status details.
Also the following data.
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig /all

You will require/need a wifi router. more later.

xmentrio

[OP]
Apr 2, 2009
I have a LAN card connected to my PC. My connection is separate internet cable connection, not with cable TV. RJ45 cable connects directly to LAN card. I don't have any modem. Its a broadband connection which requires username and password (PPPoE).Is there any way like using a wireless router to access internet on my Laptop without cable and at the same time a wired connection on my PC which has a LAN card.

WindIceFire

Nov 30, 2008
That's different.I've YOU telcom 224 KBps connection, but it does have separate modem with it.and Yes if you have wireless router you can access internet on laptop.Cost Effective:: get another lan card{Ethernet} Connect that with laptop and you get internet access..Drawback -- its not wireless..

divyashree

Aug 23, 2008
net is connected to pc with usb or lan,if usb then its do connect through lan cble to both and do proxy otherwise use another lan card in ur pc(200/-300/-) and do lan and do proxy to share net ..