Sharing files on the net

• Thread starter Thread starter abdulrahman004
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,678
A

abdulrahman004

I have been reading these words for some time now -DC hub and DC++ hub. What does think do actually. How does it help in sharing of data?According to me trasnfer can be done on LAN becuase the cable operator has a hub and he connects many system to the same hub . so i guess we can share files on LAN speeds who are connected to the same hub. Now i have heard that cable providers started providing hubs for files transfer What does that mean. A hub is a necessary device to split the connection ...how can any one store data on it ? Another thing is that if someone has a BSNL or airtel connection cant he do transfers who lives in the same locality or some thing. In bsnl the users them selves a router so LAN transfers cannot be done here unless u do some wired lan in ur home itself . I have also heard that airtel or bsnl users start their own hubs by giving out some addresses ..so how is it done and what speeds do we acheive? Please throw some light on abvoe quries

DC hub is just a sofware which lets u share stuff with other DC users in your LAN...nothing is stored in the CTOs hub...in BSNL/Airtel/MTNL u can't do that...coz they're not in LAN...maxiumum u can do is host a server and share ur stuff with ur friends...

how can we scan hubs(not dc hubs) in the network?something to with snmp....wats it?

a dc hub is different than the hardware hub.the dc hub acts as a medium for chat and interaction. users connecting to dc hub using dc++(or other) softwares can transfer from each other....its p2p....dc hub doesnt interfere with transfer....it only facilitates the transfer. there are many dc hub softwares available on the net....a search on google will get u to them.dont know abt bsnl/mtnl/airtel.

something to with snmp....wats it?[/b]

snmp can be used on routers not on hubs . . theres no specific os in hubs but there are in routers ..