Sharing Dataone Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Ratna333
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,845

Ratna333

ISP
BSNL Unlimited 900 Plus
I am using BSNL DataOne connection with a Huawei wireless WA1003A. This is a router. It has one USB and one LAN socket. At present I am using the LAN socket. I want to know if I can connect my two comps using the onboard LAN (1 in each comp) and share the Dataone connection. In that case I would be making one comp ... as lets say "Host Computer" and connect my modem with it by USB2. The other comp .. lets say "Client comp" would share it by LAN. Possible? How?
Also I want to ask are USB2 connections better than LAN connections? I haven't used USB before for LAN so no experience.
Thanks in advance. Using WinXP SP2 Pro. 🙂

Yes. Connect your modem to the USB port. You'll have to setup your connection (username/password) in XP then enable ICS (internet connection sharing) on this connection. Now just connect your two PC with a crossover ethernet cable, you can tell if it's the correct cable by comparing the colours of the wires in each plug because they should be reversed.The better way would be to buy an ethernet switch and plug all three devices into it then you wouldn't have to always have the server pc switched on. Ethernet is more reliable and uses less resources on your pc than USB.

Thanks. Please elaborate on the ethernet switch. Which company product to buy, the ports it have etc. Is it an external entity requiring a separate power supply? Will it be compatible with my router? Estimated price ...

Why? What's your prob...? If you are allergic.. disable colour selection to post in this forum please ... Thanks...

fine. you get a ban for nonsensical attitude.

Why? What's your prob...? If you are allergic.. disable colour selection to post in this forum please ... Thanks...

colors r there to highlight something...not to be used as an eyesore...

Man,No one is against you .If you write everthing in red colour ,then it hurt eyes

Thanks and elated. Please don't lift the ban. I do not wish to be a member of such a forum that has chosen an insane, insecure and rude person like you as a mod. Actually that was my first post. You could have been a lot more polite. Kindly watch your previous thread. You did not give any suggestions to my problem. You just posted a one line thread and that too in a bad way. Is that the way to talk to a first time member?

Well you can have disregard or personal disliking against a colour... But you did not assign any reason why I should not use it. Thats strange.... You are either lunatic or using power at your own will...the power you should not be given at the first place if you do not know how to use it. I wonder who made you - the mod.

Kindly post this mail at the last of my entry if you are a true one-hearted person and you have the necessary courage.

I am presently a member of quite a number of sites but haven't faced any mod who is such a bullish like you. May God help you to become polite and a generous person in future.

I joined the forums with a light heart and a lot of anticipation. But leaving with a heavy heart and that too because of the bad behavior of a single person. Thats shameful.

Decided never to visit the forum again.

Thanks.

Ratna333.

his message on my mail. in red color. as a perfect tribute.

^umm...isn't ratna a female name??? 😛

No. I know a couple of guys called Ratna. Maybe short form??

his message on my mail. in red color. as a perfect tribute.

Dear Sushubh Sir, you are an Idiot.