Sharing Bsnl Dataone Broadband Between Two Pcs

• Thread starter Thread starter paragkalra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 13,252

paragkalra

ISP
BSNL
Hi Lads and Chicks,I have a BSNL Dataone Broadband 900 UL plan. Also I have two pcs connected in Lan. Right now I can connect to BSNL BROADBAND through USB at a time, only on any one pc. I wanna ask, is there anyway I can share broadband on my two pcs so that internet is available on both the pcs. I have one lan card on each pc and my both pcs are in lan. Also I don't have a hub and one of my pc will be connected to internet through usb and i want second pc to share the internet through lan.My modem is Huawie SmartAX MT882 and both my pcs are using Windows XP.

it may be better to remove LAN between the
two PCs ; connect modem thru LAN for a PC
and thru USB for other PC ...

or get another Network Card for a PC and use !

btw, we do not use this greeting
as older people also exist here !

QUOTE(paragkalra @ Oct 2 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]63859[/snapback]
Hi Lads and Chicks,

I have a BSNL Dataone Broadband 900 UL plan. Also I have two pcs connected in Lan. Right now I can connect to BSNL BROADBAND through USB at a time, only on any one pc. I wanna ask, is there anyway I can share broadband on my two pcs so that internet is available on both the pcs. I have one lan card on each pc and my both pcs are in lan. Also I don't have a hub and one of my pc will be connected to internet through usb and i want second pc to share the internet through lan.

My modem is Huawie SmartAX MT882 and both my pcs are using Windows XP.
[/b]

Hi paragkalra
Use Switch/Hub to connect more than 1 pc.

QUOTE(paragkalra @ Oct 2 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]63859[/snapback]
I wanna ask, is there anyway I can share broadband on my two pcs so that internet is available on both the pcs. I have one lan card on each pc and my both pcs are in lan. Also I don't have a hub and one of my pc will be connected to internet through usb and i want second pc to share the internet through lan.

[/b]

There are many ways to share a single broadband connection with multiple computers.

If you willing to buy a router (Dlnk, US Robotics, Linksys, etc), that would be easiest method.

Otherwise, you may have to buy an additional lan card and install in one of your computers. In that computer, once LAN would be connected to your modem and the second LAN card would be connected to your second computer. If you are running Windows, you will then have to do 'internet sharing' on the first PC to share the broadband connection. I have no idea how to do this, perhaps others can give you step wise procedure; but I would suggest you search google for this first.

I have never tried networking with USB so I cannot help with that. Others may be able to tell you how to do it.

You can also, of course, buy a switch, but it appears you don't want to do that.

Good luck.

I want to know the simple way to share BSNL broadband in both my PC running windowsXP.........:yahoo: