Sharing Bsnl Broadband On Ut-300r2u

• Thread starter Thread starter abhibh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,523

abhibh

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I have just got BSNL broadband installed and i want to share it on 3 computers ( 2 PC and 1 Laptop). I Have home 900 UL plus plan. Now i have a 8 post ethernet hub through which i want to share the connection. I have tried sharing it my self and via sreading some posts here on this forum but i am unable to share it.Please some one please give me step by step instructions on how to share BSNL broadband on UT Starcom UT-300R2U Thanks a lot.

Thnx seshu for sucha fast reply. i will check it out and let ya know it all worked well 🙂.. Thanx again dude.

Hi,I have one problem My utstar modem has a new firmware which is different from the configuration link you provided. Still it provided me a lot of help setting up the sharing and connection is now shared and working fine on all the computers. Thouhg i have one problem that is it gets disconnected if ideal for 10 mins and i cant see any option for that. Please help

^ did you see any keep alive setting & made it zero ?

and can you give the firmware version ...

Hi,There us no option of keep alive. but i managed to get it done.. There were 2 options 1. Auto connect (if ideal for 10 mins disconnect)2. manual connect and dissconect / I selected the 1st option to 0 but it gave error that value cannot be 0. Then i selected 2nd option of manual and saved the settings and reebooted the modem. and its working fine now.. If i have any other problem i will tell. P.S. Will post the firmware version as soon as i get home. Secondly my modem has both usb and ethernet support.

^ I'm Happy that you are able to resolve it . if possible always prefer ethernet connectionas it is more stable . cheers

Hi,Ya i m on ehternet connection only. I hate USB one.. BTW. here is the firmware version:R100B02.7AS.B Thanks

Hi,A problem has arrived. Whenever i recieve or call someone from telephone the broadband lags and stops. Any clue why this happens ???Thanks.

^ Assuming that your setup is correct ; it can be due to a faulty splitter or disturbance in Line ...can you check the modem & splitter at another system (at a friend) having dataone connection ...

I would be very interested to know whether the internet speed is adversely affected with two or more computers sharing the same connection. Also, are you able to access the internet with both the networked computers, simultaneously? I look forward to a response.

^ as I understand it , the speed is not adversely
affected if two computers use the same connection .
And simultaneous access should be possible ... (although
not Legal according to BSNL)

^ [off topic] could you remove the quote in your above post pls . Btw , are you Vasudev ...