Shared new product idea with D2h

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,151

sachin_

ISP
BSNL
Dear fellow IFB-ians, I have shared the following new product idea with the Videocon D2h team. Can you please go through the following and help me know if it is a good idea?
Appreciation for good services and a proposal for a new product

Dear Videocon,

I am using your Videcon DTH for quite some time now and I am a fan of your products as well as services.

I am writing this email to share with you a new product idea.
I am not sure at which email ID I can share that is why sharing on customercare@d2h.com, can you please forward this email to the relevant team which can take this request further?

The product I am proposing is triple-in-one offer comprising of the following components in a single console or enclosure:
1. Satellite HD DTH Setup box
2. LED Video Projector (>300 Lumens and WXGA resolution)
3. On board multimedia player (Android)
4. On board stereo audio with decent sound (

Rs.20,000 just forgot it.
Satellite HD DTH Set Top box = 2,000
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]LED Video Projector (HD) = 5,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Android Raspberry Pi = 5,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Quality Stereo Audio = 3,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]RF Remote = 2,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]1 TB HDD = 4,500[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Total = [/color]21,500 (Raw material)
Labor + Installment + Warranty (~50% of Raw) = 11,000
Cost of Marketing and Promotion ~150% of Product cost = 32,500
Total Cost = 65,000 🙂
There are no free lunches companies are their to make profit. Only way you could do this in 20k is setup own company (a startup), convince investors and market your product though its too niche and only usable by certain group.

whoru007 said:
Rs.20,000 just forgot it.
Satellite HD DTH Set Top box = 2,000
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]LED Video Projector (HD) = 5,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Android Raspberry Pi = 5,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Quality Stereo Audio = 3,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]RF Remote = 2,000[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]1 TB HDD = 4,500[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Total = [/color]21,500 (Raw material)
Labor + Installment + Warranty (~50% of Raw) = 11,000
Cost of Marketing and Promotion ~150% of Product cost = 32,500
Total Cost = 65,000 🙂
There are no free lunches companies are their to make profit. Only way you could do this in 20k is setup own company (a startup), convince investors and market your product though its too niche and only usable by certain group.
You are mistaken in accounting for these costs with retail prices. Retail prices are for consumers only, manufacturers see a much different pricing table. I say pricing table because the prices and cost of manufacturing goes down with larger quantities.
I cant say if Rs.20,000 is a feasible no. or not, but the price should definitely be much lower than what you have estimated.

chocos said:
You are mistaken in accounting for these costs with retail prices. Retail prices are for consumers only, manufacturers see a much different pricing table. I say pricing table because the prices and cost of manufacturing goes down with larger quantities.
I cant say if Rs.20,000 is a feasible no. or not, but the price should definitely be much lower than what you have estimated.
Most of the prices are very generic, being corporate doesn't help much unless you place orders in bulk e.g. 50k units etc.