Share your Peering Torrent Download Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 35,196
is this a 70-80 mbits line?
and if u have that kind of a line why on earth are you downloading 700mb 360/480p garbage quality? lol
i m on a 10mbits line and i dont do anything less than 720p/1080p even for tv shows

He can only download whatever is cached by the peering drive of the ISP at that speed.

mtnl peers youtube. my peering oscillates between 8000kbps(8Mbps) and 50000kbps(50Mbps) for 1080p content on youtube

another one at 59mbps.

@kickass
How do you get the information on the youtube video about bitrate, resolution etc? I would like to find out mine coz, even my ISP seems to be peering. I get 8-9MBps download speeds from youtube and 10-11MBps from Microsoft. My plan actually is only 4mbps.

@kickass, I find that as an error. The peering speed of MTNL will never exceed sync speed. Are you getting synced at 60mbps.Another thing is if MTNL is actually peering with YouTube, then still our YouTube usage is getting counted. Unless MTNL has deliberately set it up that way to count our usage and save bandwidth?

youtube usage gets counted. my sync varies between 19mbps and 50mbps.thats why the peering varies between 8 and 50. my stats are all over the place lol. even my snr margin varies between 50 and 80 ! only on youtube i get tht weird range between 8 and 50. everywhere esle its 10 or lower. villian had told me don't bother with the snr margins in the router. u will still get 10 mroe or less constantly. i think he could be right coz logically a stable line needs a snr margin of >9(90 in our router) yet my line is always stable. with a margin of 5 i should have experienced some issues atleast but i am seeing no problems except upload speeds ard 1.8-2mbps. maybe our routers don't display it properly. no way to find out unless we get our hands on a different make.
abnormal is normal when you are dealing with mtnl. i have stopped using logic. their networks defy the laws of physics and turn networking concepts upside down.
for 2 days initially i had snr margisn of 85-90 and my life was miserable due to disconnections. after i met them it has dropped to 50-80 range and finaly it is rock steady since 2-3 weeks ! figure that one out !
sarkar007 said:
@kickass
How do you get the information on the youtube video about bitrate, resolution etc? I would like to find out mine coz, even my ISP seems to be peering. I get 8-9MBps download speeds from youtube and 10-11MBps from Microsoft. My plan actually is only 4mbps.
play the video and then right click on it and select nerd stats.

abhirup_sphs said:
Enjoyed this kind of speed when I was using Alliance back in Kolkata 😀 . Btw, @bajechele :- what is that humongous 407GB torrent? 😱
The 407gb one is a 160+ Bollywood Blueray collection downloaded from IPT 😀
sahibunlimited said:
So what % of content is cached? Is it cached as soon as the torrent is released or after a few days?
Most of them are cached as soon as released.