Share connection download speed and type+charges

• Thread starter Thread starter mirza2003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,333
All through my experience with Sify my number 1 complaint with it has been downtimes. When it goes down, it doesn't come up before atleast 12 hours. I have seen this now under 2 CTOs. And in a good month it can go down atleast twice this way. And in a bad month it can total up to 7 times.

Well Sify itself has put up the switches etc in our building, and I just returned from a downtime of 2 weeks, my connection goes down definately for minimum 9-10 days every month. Every time I ask them to change the damn switch they just replace it with another old second hand one which hangs every now and then.

I think 150 mb is not the max download limit per day.I checked out the sify website.they have indicated that if the download crosses 150 mb then for every additional 25 mb there will be a reduce in 1 days usage in that calendar.so I think there is no harm in downloading 174.99 mb per day By the by I have a new problem with this sify.I had been using the sify unlimted 64 kbps pack for nearly a year.things went on smooth n well until the beginning of this month when i got a call from the sify operator asking me to renew the pack.they begged us telling that they have reduced their prices.I was using the sify unlimited 64kbps pack which costed around 1295 for 2 months.Now they tempted me telling they have reduced their pack rates from 1295 to 945.When I asked whether this pack is 64 unlimted the reply was yes.After renewal i found a different code for this pack.(The old pack had the code something like AXU....where as this one is QAU2).With the old pack when I downloaded some file I had a max n constant speed of around 11kBps....Now I just get around 7.5 sometimes 6,sometimes even 2 and 1kBps and worse than that.really dont know whats going on.R there people trying to make a fool of us by reducing the cost as well as the speed to a deadly extent? Now when i download an attachment from mail it takes thrice the time to download when compared to the previous pack which i was using earlier.Any idea?anyone got the same problem?Is this due to technical problem or is this gonna be a permanent issue?

on 64kbps you are suppose to get 8KB of transfer speed max. You were getting 11KB is only that you were lucky. Now if you are getting 2 -3 KB you have to complain scream.

I have the "1 Month Family Pack 128kbps 'SHARED' @ Rs 595. Remember when the connections SHARED compute the formula😀ownload Speed(which may pathetically fluctuate) = Connection Speed / 8 So 64 kbps gives 64/8 = 8 kbps dwnld speed approx.and so on.... The other catch to 150 mb cap warning is its not displayed when you click renew on their broadband client once logged in. (misinformation or concealing of info to consumer abt a product).

the /8 is not because it is given to 8 ppl! your pack is 128 kbps (kilo bits per second) that translates to 16 kBps (kilo bytes per second). This is because 8 bits = 1 byte!

You ought to know kbps means kilobits per sec. All ISPs mention their speeds in bits per second only.

Originally posted by OOOsify@Sep 6 2005, 11:13 AM
I think 150 mb is not the max download limit per day.I checked out the sify website.they have indicated that if the download crosses 150 mb then for every additional 25 mb there will be a reduce in 1 days usage in that calendar.so I think there is no harm in downloading 174.99 mb per day 

By the by I have a new problem with this sify.I had been using the sify unlimted 64 kbps pack for nearly a year.things went on smooth n well until the beginning of this month when i got a call from the sify operator asking me to renew the pack.they begged us telling that they have reduced their prices.I was using the sify unlimited 64kbps pack which costed around 1295 for 2 months.Now they tempted me telling they have reduced their pack rates from 1295 to 945.When I asked whether this pack is 64 unlimted the reply was yes.After renewal i found a different code for this pack.(The old pack had the code something like AXU....where as this one is QAU2).With the old pack when I downloaded some file I had a max n constant speed of around 11kBps....Now I just get around 7.5 sometimes 6,sometimes even 2 and 1kBps and worse than that.really dont know whats going on.R there people trying to make a fool of us by reducing the cost as well as the speed to a deadly extent?  Now when i download an attachment from mail it takes thrice the time to download when compared to the previous pack which i was using earlier.Any idea?anyone got the same problem?Is this due to technical problem or is this gonna be a permanent issue?
[snapback]24159[/snapback]
[/quote]

u posting same content and question

in 2 threads