Share broadband connection by Dir300

• Thread starter Thread starter shuvendu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,323

shuvendu

ISP
BSNL
I have a cable based broadband connection. There is no modem at my place. There is switch/router in my building from where a RJ45 connection comes to my home.I want to share the connection in three computers. one desktop and two laptops. I am planning to buy a DIR300 wireless router to share the broadband connection. Below are the details about the connection.1. It uses a static IP.2. There is no MAC address restriction.3. I have to login through 24online client to get access to internet. Now my doubt is will it be possible to login to 24online through the router.I believe if I connect three computer to the router and login from one computer then I will not be able to get internet on other computers at the same time as 24online will not allow concurrent logins.Please assist me. :huh:

I am also trying to do the same...let me know if you get any success..

If there is no MAC restriction, then you have no problem. Install 24Online client on all computers. When you start any computer, check if you can access the net. If you can't, login through 24Online. If you can, there's nothing required.

I had this issue myself but with a MAC restriction, and my ISP didn't allow web-based 24Online login, so it was a problem for me.

What I did was that using Wireshark, a packet sniffer, I captured the login/logout packets sent by 24Online on the computer registered with my ISP. I saved the captured packets (UDP protocol, usually) in a file. Then I installed Packet Builder on my other computers. Whenever I wanted to use the internet on another computer and my own computer wasn't on, I would launch PB and load the captured packets. And then transmit the captured login packet. Voila! The only annoying aspect to this workaround is that the 24Online client sends a periodic activity packet to keep you logged on. I was too lazy to isolate and capture this packet, so whenever the net stopped working, I would just send the captured logout packet followed by the login packet to get reconnected. If you capture the idle-out packet, you can configure PB to send it periodically, and that will keep your net use uninterrupted.

But you shouldn't need to do any of this unless you do have a MAC restriction.