Shams cable network has taken over my Tata BB connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphyslaugh

ISP
MTNL 1Mbps UL
Hi guys, I am facing huge problems with tata indicom. I live in santacruz(e) and have infinity 256kbps. the connection was down from 23rd feb. on 25th feb my roomie got a call from "Shams cable network" and they said that there is some cabling going on in tata indicom and they will be providing service till then. they gave a userid and password. I came back today and to my shock i am still stuck with this shams cable network. Moreover i am only getting 64kbps on this connection since feb end. I called up those guys today and they came at my house to tell me that they have discontinued all tata services in santacruz, kalina, kurla, ghatkopar and we will need to take connections from them only. They will provide service free of cost for the time that i have paid advance rental to tata indicom broadband. after that i need to choose from their plans only. This is utterly ridiculous. i had lodged a complaint about this shams network thing by feb end itself but it did not get solved by the cc. I lodged a complaint again today. They say they are trying to find things out. Would like some ppl who live in these areas to confirm the same.

same thing happened with me. when tataBB took over 7star internet, on paper they wrote i can choose to continue on plan i have but then after signing paper they offered me their own plan only which was 3 times costlier and no public IP as well.but luckily for me i had enough time to switch over to MTNL and instead of renewing i simply disconnected tataBB

Can't one take any legal action against this?? this isn't fair...🙁

ummm...i cud because they didnt give me 75MB or so after migration and i had made their engineer write on paper that 75mb is not allocated and will be allocated. but then their old server was still running so i used 75mb from that a/c. and it was not worth all these because i had anyway decided to go for MTNL and am happy.

accessing courts to get justice is more trouble than anything else.🙂

yes had it been question of 2-3 thousands... i wud have thought abt it. but just for some 40-50rs it wud be too crazy.

Though i do sympathize with the person , it's actually good that tata indicom are looking at exiting the broadband business. There won't be more suffering users like murphy anymore.

After months and months of arguments and discussions with various counterparties involved i now have a better insight into my problem. I live in a society where most of the internet connections are provided by "Shams cable network". There are two housing societies nearby to ours where tata indicom has their own hub. Both would not be more than 50mtrs away from our society. Apparently there was a hub in our society that was owned by "shams cable network" with some free slots and tata indicom used one of the free slots of this cable network to provide me with a connection. The hub belonged to the cable network. The sudden disconnection happened because of some payment issues by tata indicom. This is what is claimed by the cable network guy. Tata indicom does not have a clue about this cable wala or this issue (i think only 1 person who is handling the issue knows about it). As a result they disconnected the tata line into their hub and connected me with their network. After nearly two weeks with no solution to my problems i gave up. Here is what i tried1. Shams cable network - My original plan was infinity 256kbps but he gave me only 64kbps. I called him multiple no of times. I had got the 4 months prepaid package and i still had about a month to go. he said he will provide me with net free of cost till then. He said tata wale to kuch bhi nahi de sakte ab to, mai kuch to de raha hoon. after lots of pleading also nothing worked. i guess he wanted money for broadband for which i had already paid2. Tata indicom - 24 hrs problem solved customer care of tata proved to be a pain. those guys don't know anything nor can they ever help you a lot in rectifying a problem. the guys on the field do it and you can never get to them. has anyone every been able to get a field officers no from a customer care guy?? all i can say is i've failed in my efforts3. Had a broadband connection in bangalore. i try to shift that so that i don't need to pay by draft and can do it by card. but the tata guy says aap renewal mata karao , aapka inactive id kabhi bhi delete ho jaega. 4. Finally applied for a new broadband connection. As soon as i took the name of my society he said he can't provide net connection there. after lots of convincing he finally decided to visit my house. i had to convince him that he could give me a connection. I'm really not sure if he was selling the connection or i was selling "connectivity of my pc" to him. Finally agreed to take the money. Am waiting for my new broadband connection. tata again 🙁 . i wish airtel would be more active in providing broadband connections in my area. Will update you guys on what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.