Shall i buy sun dth?

• Thread starter Thread starter tellmehiin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,557

tellmehiin

ISP
Hey guys ( sun dth users) shall i buy sun dth? i heard their after sales service is very bad does its improved? & also i m going for DTH first time i m fm bangalore we are tamil channel watchers , its worth to buy sun DTH? Please help me with your thoughts

If you are planning to buy a dth Connection then i would suggest you to go for Dishtv with South Silver Pack. As first, Dishtv offers most economical packages and also offers 5 sports channels along with almost all the Tamil channels which one would like to watch. Where as Sun direct is costly as compared with Dishtv and at present dishtv offers best South packages.

DishTV can offer Best Packages but they are also offering POOR SERVICE to their Customers. Tell that as well Dude.@tellmehiin,what kind of channels you want, what is ur budget. ?At present, Airtel is comparatively better than other DTHs.

thnx guys for your thought.. for me i require more tamil channels especilly tamil radio channels, where i m in bangalore right now no way i can get radio tamil channels.. Any idea on Dish tv tamil radio channels are there? they mentioned 20 radio channels? I also feel Airtel is better option reason is their customer service is equivelent to TS with economy top up packs.. so u guys suggest not to go with SUN DTH? i have also seen one thread where one of our folks was very happy to give back SUN DTH to dealer??

thnx guys for your thought.. for me i require more tamil channels especilly tamil radio channels, where i m in bangalore right now no way i can get radio tamil channels.. Any idea on Dish tv tamil radio channels are there? they mentioned 20 radio channels? I also feel Airtel is better option reason is their customer service is equivelent to Tata Sky DTH with economy top up packs.. so u guys suggest not to go with SUN DTH? i have also seen one thread where one of our folks was very happy to give back SUN DTH to dealer??
if ur need is tamil radio&tv channels &not sports channels thn SD is the best choice for u..:thumbsup:

DishTV can offer Best Packages but they are also offering POOR SERVICE to their Customers. Tell that as well Dude.

@tellmehiin,

what kind of channels you want, what is ur budget. ?

At present, Airtel is comparatively better than other DTHs.

Customer service is quite satisfactory in Dishtv and hope its better then Sun Direct as well. Never used Sun Direct so cann't comments on their customer service but as per the feedback available here on this forum from Sun direct users their customer service is not good.

Customer service is quite satisfactory in Dishtv and hope its better then Sun Direct as well. Never used Sun Direct so cann't comments on their customer service but as per the feedback available here on this forum from Sun direct users their customer service is not good.

Well Saurabh, at this point of competition we cant "hope" that the Cust Serv of Dish TV is better than SD. As far as I know, me being a cust of Dish TV, the CC & After-Sales Support of Dish TV is one of the worst in the industry. But yes, the ch offering and price of Dish TV is good. TS - They are way too expensive to subscribe but CC is top-notch. SD - costly when top-ups are added & CC is not upto the mark as well. Big TV - Horrible CC & STB hanging issues still persistent. So the most safe bet as of now would be Airtel Digital TV.

For tamil viewers, the best& final chioce is Sundirect. The Video and Audio quality is very good. But the helpline service is very poor.

I just wanted to pitch in my bit about Tata Sky. Stay away from them. They are costly, and the customer service is not 'great' as has been mentioned here. Not even polite. As for their technical expertise, here is what one CC rep told me recently when I called them up to say that the Tata Sky volume had gone down - "Auto tune your TV" - if only AV mode had auto tune.

I agree with all those who choose SD for Tamil channels...may be a few Tamil channels are not there..but still you are safe with SD if your priotity is for Tamil channels...( and also malayalam channels)...and so I am always happy with SD.Regarding picture quality,it varies from program to program and cannot be the same for all..even in the case of movies some movies have excellent camera and some are not so...hence such movies show up its quality when shown in SD...we cannot blame SD for that.

I agree with all those who choose SD for Tamil channels...may be a few Tamil channels are not there..but still you are safe with SD if your priotity is for Tamil channels...( and also malayalam channels)...and so I am always happy with SD.
Regarding picture quality,it varies from program to program and cannot be the same for all..even in the case of movies some movies have excellent camera and some are not so...hence such movies show up its quality when shown in SD...we cannot blame SD for that.
yes i agree..malayala viewers shd be happy with SD..they get to see all imp channels..:thumb: