• Thread starter Thread starter AvidWatcher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 17,985

AvidWatcher

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 1 mbps Unlimited, Vodafone 3G
Actor Shahrukh Khan | Actor Aamir Khan | Product | Tata Sky | DishTV DTH - Oneindia Entertainment

Bollywood superstars Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan must be having hard time dealing with the endless 'rivalry gossip' by the media. Just on the heels of the report that Aamir is not moved by the recent Shahrukh's detention at an Airport in US, another news on them has hit the headlines.

Buzz up!
The grapevine is abuzz with the news that Shahrukh has bought a product endorsed by Aamir and not the product he endorses. To be precise, Shahrukh is said to have installed a huge Tata Sky satellite antennae atop his multi-storey office-cum-leisure space in the extension behind Mannat. Coincidentally, it is a rival product to DishTV DTH he endorses. Adding more salt to the wounds, Aamir is the brand ambassador of Tata Sky.

Shahrukh, who has recently renewed contract with ZEE DishTV as its brand ambassador, is going to face embarrassment if the news turns out true.

-------

Not quite santusht?, Entertainment - Bollywood - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror

When Shah Rukh Khan dimples prettily from your TV screen asking if you don’t want a better deal and clearer picture by using the satellite dish he is selling, you almost want to run out and get it. Such is the badshah’s persuasive prowess. And that is why companies shell out crore to create superstar brand ambassadors.

Over years Shah Rukh has been impeccable ensuring his life-style choices were aligned with the brands he endorsed, whether it’s the watch he wears, or more famously, the soft drink he endorsed until not too long ago. He’s been the brand ambassador for this particular satellite dish company since 2007 and his contract was renewed three months ago for another eighteen months.

Which is why we were surprised to see the large satellite installed atop Khan’s multi-storey office-cum-leisure space in the extension behind Mannat. It’s not the Dish that SRK wants everyone to buy but a rival brand which is endorsed by none other than Shah Rukh’s current bete noire, Aamir Khan. In a spate of recent interviews both have claimed to be the better marketer. Going by his preference in dish antennae, is Shah Rukh buying into Aamir’s sales spiel?

Ha ha ha! Wud like to see reaction of Subhash Chandra on this.Also may be Tata Sky will come up with other ad bringing this news in limelight 😀

i bet he does not drive around in a santro all the time. and i bet he does not serve only Sprite at his place. 🙂

He must preach what he practises.Brand ambassador endorsing one product and using the other one.

well yeah... there is a difference between a santro and a mercedes. but there is little difference between zee dish tv and Tata Sky dth. so if he is using a tata sky connection at his place, it's a shame for zee dish tv and his brand 'value'. i hope zee has something in their agreement related to this. i think celebrities in the US were sued for something similar. endorsing pepsi while getting caught drinking coke in public. 😀

I Expected that (if news is believed to be true).

To be precise, Shahrukh is said to have installed a huge Tata Sky satellite antennae atop his multi-storey office-cum-leisure space in the extension behind Mannat.........

Which is why we were surprised to see the large satellite installed atop Khan?s multi-storey office-cum-leisure........

60Cms dish is called huge? Then what will they call for 10M dish?

I read similiar type of news in UK few months back, only there it was not brand ambassdor but CEO himself. That CEO had dish of rival operator on his roof, and reporter asked him while interview, he got embarrassed, and had to tell that programs/channels which his family like to watch is not available on his TV service, but his service would soon have it. (Although that CEO resigned after few months due to company's non-cooperative nature to his plans, as mentioned in news)May be SRK has same reasons :ashamed😛eople should do what Iranians do, 1 of our Iranian dealer told us that watching satellite TV is banned there, yet many houses have satellite reception dish hidden behind water tanks or walls built for it, and they continue watching European & Arabian channels. SRK should have atleast done something like that :rofl:

60Cms dish is called huge? Then what will they call for 10M dish?

+1. something doesn't sound right...

Oh well...Haha..Shahrukh Khan using a rival product. :hysterical:Anyways..Let me assess it from the other side...Doesn't these celebrities have a "personal life" of their own too ? I mean its fine that the brand is paying the celeb to market their product but it restricts the same for marketing purposes only. It does not force the celeb to "use" that product too. Dish TV pays Shahrukh Khan and Shahrukh Khan is entitled to promote the product through advertisement only. As long as the contract does not bind him from not using rival products Shahrukh Khan is safe. Promoting is a part of Shahrukh Khan's professional life and using it is a part of his personal life. I hope the media does not mix both the things up.

if zee did not have any such clause in their contract, SRK is not going to be bothered about it. i hope/wish indian brands put such conditions in their contracts. you cannot use a rival product in public.

Heard this?? Shah Rukh Khan, the badshah of bollywood who has not been having best of relations with perfectionist Khan of bollywood, Aamir Khan, has his office installed Tata Sky endorsed by his bitter rival.

Everybody is puzzled if this indicates the end of war (which had started with Aamir calling Shahrukh ‘a dog licking his legs’ in his blog) between the two superstar Khans of bollywood or it is something else. In fact, Shah Rukh Khan’s office, which is located in the backyard of King Khan’s sprawling bungalow ‘Manant’, is also used by him as leisure place, and when it had Aamir Khan’s brand, instead of Shah Rukh Khan’s endorsement (SRK endorses Dish brand of Zee and not Tata Sky), the industry grapevine went abuzz with different theories.
:yahoo: :thumbsup:

One of the theories doing the rounds belongs to easing of tension between the two warring superstars of the industry.

However, not many are convinced by this theory and point out that if it were so, Shah Rukh Khan would have clearly said or at least indicated the fact. In fact, they point out taht it all means only that Shah Rukh Khan wants to have other choices also available to him and not confined to only one brand for all important news and views, especially when he has also ventured into television industry.

Another theory says that it might also be an indication on the part of Shah Rukh Khan that he was ready to change camps from Dish to Tata sky. This thing gets its force from the fact that Shah Rukh Khan has always been very particular about his endorsements and things that he uses. He always uses what he says others to use and tries to set an example by his acts and avoids preaching. But using Tata Sky says something else.

Stardust.co.in - Shah Rukh Khan office has Aamir Khan Tata Sky, end of war??