Setup Linksys Am300 Adsl Modem With Bsnl Dataone

• Thread starter Thread starter zida123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 12,719

zida123

Hi there,I bought my new Linksys am300 modem from sujata computers in pune. read a lot about it. best modem available is what they say. But its a pain in butt to install and configure it with dataone connection.DOES ANYONE HAS ANY XPERIENCE WITH THIS MODEM?DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE IT WITH DATAONE?I have tried all possible settings but all in vain 🙁 PLEASE HELP ME.-ZIDA

^ you should have given your OS & how are
you connected ( thru Ethernet or USB ) ...

its better to connect modem thru ethernet .

in your system , network settings should be :
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
IP address : 192.168.1.x ( x = 2 to 255 )
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
DNS : 61.1.96.69 and 61.1.96.71

type http://192.168.1.1 in your browser ;
(admin and admin)
set the modem to "Bridge Mode"
if the modem has VPI & VCI values : put VPI = 0 & VCI = 35
click Save .

if you have windows XP then make a new connection
dialer ; enter your dataone user name & password .

if you have other Windows OS then use Raspppoe dialer
( www.raspppoe.com ) to connect to the net .

for more details , pls refer to your modem's manual
and see this guide : user manual

QUOTE(zida @ Nov 7 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]68126[/snapback]
Hi there,

I bought my new Linksys am300 modem from sujata computers in pune. read a lot about it. best modem available is what they say. But its a pain in butt to install and configure it with dataone connection.

DOES ANYONE HAS ANY XPERIENCE WITH THIS MODEM?

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE IT WITH DATAONE?
I have tried all possible settings but all in vain 🙁
PLEASE HELP ME.
-ZIDA
[/b]

I brought this modem two days back, I was able to configure the modem successfully without any trouble. It would be nice if u read the user manual given in the CD. Or you may download it from the LINKSYS-AUSTRALIAN website. here is the link .

I hope you would have got online by now with this modem. If not, reset the modem once and login to web administration and follow the steps below....

under ADSL SETTINGS select RFC 2516 PPPoE
Virtual Circuit ID: 0 (VPI)
------------------ : 35 (VCI)
Multiplexing : LLC
DSL modulation : auto

user name : (bsnl_user_name)
password: (bsnl_password)

keep alive : 1 minute

save settings.

BTW, did u check the date and time in the last line of the setup tab? Is it updated or is it showing some junk date and time? for me its doesn't seem to be working!!!! I have set the time to GMT+5.30 and tried different NTP servers, no luck!!! for me its seems to be a bug.

And I found another bug with remote web management. It takes for ever to load the web administration while accessing remotely, and finally it loads only a portion of the page. But it works great, when accessed from the PC connected to the ethernet port of the modem.

Could you verify these two things and let me know. If you are also facing the same problem, then we should wait for the firmware update(if LINKSYS has recognized the issue!!!) Otherwise I will have to get the modem changed.

thank you
partha