Settings for a stable Triband connection: IMPORTANT

• Thread starter Thread starter shenoymax
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,908

shenoymax

ISP
Triband
Kindly note following simple instructions for better triband service.1. Go to "Start" - > "Network Connections".2. Right click on "Local Area Connection". Click on "Properties".3. In "General" tab, select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click on "Properties" button.4. Select "Use following DNS servers addresses".5. In the "Preferred DNS server" add IP address "59.185.0.23".6. In the "Alternate DNS server" add IP address "203.94.227.70".7. To add more DNS server, click on "Advanced" Tab.8. In the "Advanced TCP/IP Settings", click on "DNS" tab, click on "Add" in "TCP/IP DNS Server" add IP address "59.185.0.50".9. Repeat the procedure to add IP address "203.94.243.70".Please ensure all the above four IP addresses of DNS servers in the LAN card of PCs or Laptops.

This has already been mentioned by another member elsewhere https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/48718-dns-server-mtnl-broadband/ post #5 😀

BTW it hardly makes any difference. DGM (Internet I) had personally told me we can use any DNS entries.

'shenoymax' has given the correct settings. I had a problem of very slow access to web pages and after repeated emails to GM-broadband, received a phone call from the MTNL techie who hand held me to the above DNS server settings. Now I get the fast access to web pages. :urock:I have listed details of my problem at: Broadband Forum India > Main Sections > India Broadband > MTNL BroadbandDiagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems > Mail #66MTNL techies continue to be slow but do eventually solve user issues. :inodding:

Well these DNS have really improved the internet. I would suggest everyone to update their DNS to the above given entries.:urock: