setting up wifi

• Thread starter Thread starter mamamiaboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,742

mamamiaboy

ISP
900 ultm
ok i just wanted to know if i can get access to wifi though my Quidway WA1003a modem/router along with a connection by lan to my comp at the same time 🙂 .......... ???

Also can someone please tell me how to setup a wifi connection through my modem please ...🙂

yes, you can.. you need to use ppoe mode though,for setting up wifi.. go to http://192.168.1.1 and enter admin as username and password, you should see a wireless tab, click there, and enter an SSID name(any name,like a network name) .. and enter a WEP key(this is like a password)..thats it, just save/reboot

hey dude, good job.. you found yourself the perfect answer.that link will definetly help you, follow it step by step.incase you have any problems,post them here

Ok now the problem i am facing is that after doing those steps i get a very low speed about > 11 kB/s and also the wifi connection is not recognised by my ipod touch ............ Also since my computer is pretty old and does not have a card to recognise wifi so i did all the steps EXCEPT for 8 and 9 ... .. Please help 🙁

are you sure you followed steps 6 and 7?? if so then you should be able to find your wifi network on the ipod touch..if not please post a screenshot of that wireless page low speeds while browsing or downloading torrents or just files?

you dont need to follow steps 8 and 9 .. you are getting low speeds mostly because you havent opened ports in your modem.torrents require ports to be opened to communicate and enhance speeds

and also i run my modem on bridge mode and then directly follow those steps instead to switching to ppoe first though eventually it does turn ppoe - type . Is this ok ? Also i am still not able to connect my ipod ? what now ??

you have to change it to ppoe mode if you want internet on the ipodis the ipod recognizing the wifi network?

No no it automatically goes on to PPoe mode after the whole precedure.. Yes my ipod touch does recognise it . it even asks for the ecryption key but after that ..... not still not able to access the net on the ipod

whenever you need two devices to simultaneously access the internet, you need to set it to ppoe mode, once you do that, you will be able to access net on both ipod and pc

well i followed these steps to setup a PPPOe mode :

Huawei WA1003A Wi-Fi CPE configuration

(This configures CPE in PPPoE mode)

i. Open the browser and type the url http://192.168.1.1.
ii. Type username admin and password admin in login window.
iii. Click on Setup on menu bar and then click on PVC0 on left panel.
iv. Select the Connection Type ( in drop down menu) as PPPoE.
v. Enter your user name ( i.e. mkdas @ dataone) and password provided by BSNL and click on Apply.

But still after this i am not able to connect to the internet .