• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,699

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
Hi,I have a D-Link dsl-502t, airport express (it's a wifi access point), mac mini.Can some one tell me how to set up my wifi with port forwarding for azureus? 😛 😕

Hmm...this is how you do it:

1. lets call D-Link dsl-502t - A
2. lets call airport express - B
3. lets call mac mini - C

The setup is something like this:

----> MTNL line ----> A -------> B ------> C

Now i'm assuming C has wifi connectivity. You have to accomplish this task in 3 stages:

Stage 1: Connect C to B

This is pretty simple. Configure B's wifi parameters which are generally the SSID of your network, encryption ( WEP / WPA / WPA2 ), LAN IP range ( set this to: 192.168.0.X ) etc...

Once these parameters are configured in B, setup C to connect to B. This should be pretty simple considering that you're using a mac mini.

Stage 2: Connect B to A

This is a little tricky. Firstly, I'm assuming you've got A working with the LAN cable. So all you gotta do is plugin A's LAN cable's other end into the Internet port of B. Once done, you'll be able to browse the internet on C.

Stage 3: Port forwarding

Next comes port forwarding. You'll have to setup port forwarding at two places - A as well as B.

On A: Before you setup A, you'll have to check out what IP address A has assigned to the internet port of B. It'll probably be 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3. You can find that out from the status page of B. Once you have the correct IP, open up A's setup page. There search for an option of DMZ ( DeMilitarized Zone ) or virtual server. In that put the IP that you got. Save, reboot the router.

On B: Now, on B you'll have to refer the manual to setup portforwarding / DMZ. On the same lines you'll have to check out what IP does B assign to C and accordingly port forward / DMZ the IP.

Hope this helps! 🙂

hey d00by!
which airport express do u have?
i have a powerbook ( & a pc with XP) and want 2 enable wifi on the mac which is the cheapest wifi access point unite i can get in the market?

Stage 3: Port forwarding

Next comes port forwarding. You'll have to setup port forwarding at two places - A as well as B.

On A: Before you setup A, you'll have to check out what IP address A has assigned to the internet port of B. It'll probably be 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3. You can find that out from the status page of B. Once you have the correct IP, open up A's setup page. There search for an option of DMZ ( DeMilitarized Zone ) or virtual server. In that put the IP that you got. Save, reboot the router.

On B: Now, on B you'll have to refer the manual to setup portforwarding / DMZ. On the same lines you'll have to check out what IP does B assign to C and accordingly port forward / DMZ the IP.

Hope this helps! 🙂
Before I change anything, here are the existing configs of my system.

check the screenshot(s).
1st one is config of my accesspoint and the second one is config of my mac mini.

Hogwarts is the name of wifi access point airport express.

the IP addrress on my wifi access point seems to be 10.0.something.

---
@ferns

to enable wifi, first you have to have wifi on your powerbook.

The cheapest wifi acess point that Apple has on the market is airport express which I am also using. It costs 5600 rupees.

You can buy non-apple wifi access point which you will be able to get for as little as rs. 2000.

here are screenshots of D-Link setup page. I am posting these as I am clueless as to how to setup port forwarding. I am hoping that maybe you can help. 🙂

I can post more screenshots. just tell me which info yu want and I will post the screenshot of that particular page of dlink setup page.

thanks d00by