Setting up Vonage with BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter temptemptemp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 67,131
Hi,I came across this forum and resolved my vonage connection issue with BSNL broadband, but unable to get the internet connection working from vonage adapter to my computer. Here is my setup. BSNL modem (NOT wireless) DNA-A201BE-1 Yellow to ------> Vonage Blue Vonage Yellow to Computer (Windows XP)Originally, my vonage connection did not work. After following this forum, i figured out the issue as follows.BSNL folks made me to use '1483 Bridging' as the ATM protocol and created a new default connection with userid and password on my computer. I needed to connect using that connection. Internet worked fine directly going from BSNL modem to computer, but connecting to Vonage adapter directly from BSNL model did not work. I finally changed the ATM protocol to PPPoE and entered userId/password there itself and my vonage connection started working. Now, i need to connect from vonage adapter to my computer to get the internet working. Please note that connecting to my computer directly from BSNL model works fine even after this change without even going through the default connection created by BSNL folks. what am i missing? Any pointers to get this setup working will greatly help. Few more data points ..1. BSNL folks made me to change Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) properties under LAN connection to enter default ip, subnet mask, default gateway, preferred DNS and alternate DNS server. This LAN connection shows as connected before and even after my updates and shows the device name as 'Broadcom NetXtreme 57XX Gigabit Controller'.2. I also tried setting BSNL broadband connection as not as default. 3. I checked the BSNL modem LAN settings and it has DHCP enabled with the range as 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.264

Your set up is Ok.Computer needed only to check Internet connection initially. Vonage can be on H24. bsnl phoneJn ==>adsl splitter==> modem port== Dna201BEI ==>> rj45 to vonage ===>. phone Vonage Rj45 to desktop Lan port . ( or to a wif router WAN port )

Your set up is Ok.
Computer needed only to check Internet connection initially.
Vonage can be on H24.
bsnl phoneJn ==>adsl splitter==> modem port== Dna201BEI ==>> rj45 to vonage ===>. phone
Vonage Rj45 to desktop Lan port . ( or to a wif router WAN port )

Thanks essbebe for confirming this. I need to access internet and be on the calls at the same time, so i am trying to figure out how to get both working at the same time. Can you please give me any pointers as to what could cause my internet connection stop working when i am using Vonage Rj45 to desktop Lan port? Apparently, BSNL does not have wireless routers in stock, so i only have wire based modem. So, my only option seems to be going through vonage adapter to get internet connectivity on my computer if i need both of them working at the same time. Really appreciate any help.

Finally, every thing is working as i wanted. I needed to set my LAN connection to get the IP address automatically instead of using the ip address provided by BSNL. This is under control panel -> network connections -> under LAN -> select LOCAL area connection that is connected (for me this has device name 'Broadcom NetXtreme 57XX Gigabit Controller'.) -> right click to go to properties -> high light TCP/IP -> properties.Thanks essbebe. This forum is invaluable and i would not have this whole setup working without your input on this forum.

i find using beetle modem of airtel as very good on my bsnl connection just cahnge vpc/vci setting to 0/35 and here u go it got other feature too like quality of service . its more stable and good then that piece of shit of Nokia sikemns