Setting up router

jobalexander

ISP
DataOne
I have a UTStarcom UT-300R2U modem. I also have a Netgear WGR614 v6. I want to setup my network so that I can use the router for both wireless and wired connections. This is what I have done:I have configured the router so its LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1 and the modem is configured with IP address 192.168.1.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0).I have connected my desktop to the router via CAT5 and it gets assigned the IP 192.168.0.2. The modem is connected to router via the WAN port (the internet port of the router). I am able to ping the router and the modem but for some reason I am not to access any webpages, etc.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

@jobalexander.
Welcome to Broadband.in.
Could you connect to Internet and surf the web sites ONLY with UT-300R2U ?
Ref : UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU
Para two:
start run type cmd type ipconfig/all
give details.

ref:
Have a Question? for wgr614.v6.

I can surf the web without the router connected. i.e. just through the modem. At the moment I am away from my computer and so I cannot give you the details of the ipconfig /all command. Basically the issue that I see is that for some reason the computer is able to talk to the modem (while connected through the router) but cannot talk to any computer outside the local network. Will post the details of my connection once I'm back at home. Hope to hear from you guys soon.