Setting up MTNL Triband for new PC

• Thread starter Thread starter ritwik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,807

ritwik

ISP
MTNL
I am currently using a MTNL triband connection on my Windows XP Professional PC without any problems. In the next 2 or 3 days I am going to assemble a new Windows 7 64 bit computer. I would be grateful if the community here could provide some guidance on what all would be required to set up my triband internet under windows 7.The phone line and router would remain the same. Can I do the set up myself [fiddling with technical stuff is not a problem for me] or is it essential to inform mtnl or ask their guy to come over?Thanks a lot.

Nothing. Just plug and play for DHCP. If you want to setup a static ip, you'd have to goto network connections > properties > ipv4 properties and choose an ip.

Assuming the modem/router you're using is doing all the work (which it should be). If you've been using a dialer on your computer til date, you'll want to log in to that (probably by going to 192.168.0.1), putting it in to "PPPoE mode", entering the username and password and the rest should take care of itself.

So I plug in my router to the new PC. then what do I need to fill in network connections/my network places and the configuration settings on 192.168.1.1? I also want to set up my wireless connection as other PCs at my place are accessing it. Is there a step by step guide available somewhere?

What router do you have?

Google for its default username password. Then goto 192.168.1.1 or whatever its default address is, and check for something like this:

as long as its set to automatically connect, you DONT have to do anything. just plugin the lan cable and it will work.

As for wireless, is wifi currently setup? or do you plan to buy a wifi router?