Setting up FTP server! Please help!

• Thread starter Thread starter Selva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 10,484
Setting up FTP is one of the simplest things u can do with ur router..dont know why u are running into so many probs..i wud first suggest to turn off this network bridge thingy its not needed at all.

Microsoft Corporation

Ok, i will turn of the bridge like you say. I have made my router login page visible to the outside world with PPPoE (always on connection and NOT bridge mode). Now router's login page is 192.168.1.1 and my PC got 192.168.1.2. Now what should i do for the FTP server to be visible to the outside world? I had tried port forwarding in my box for 20-22 port numbers for PC's IP, i.e 192.168.1.2. Still no luck. 🙁

[*]Turn off DHCP
[/list]
[*]Assign Static IP address to lan card
[/list]
[*]Use the above assigned address to port forward. DOnt use a range viz 20-22 just forward one specific port 21 or any other u like and make sure ur FTP server uses the same port. If port is different from 21 also ensure that the client u use to connect to FTP server uses the same port.
[/list]
[*]If everything fails put the LAN card IP address in DMZ zone of router
[/list]
[*]Remember for proper port forwarding u need DHCP off and static IP's.
[/list]

well actually if ur trying to make a ftp on ur pc u can just simply install ServU or Winftp and create a ftp server .. u can log in to it from other places using ur ip and user/pass..hope it helps

Thanks to everyone trying to help, but first i don't want to confuse you all or speak the same points to each one. I will summarize my current scenario for more clarity. I have reset my box clean.

My Current motive: Set up an FTP server which i could personally use to access my box from outside (internet).

I have setup and successfull till -

a) Configuring dyndns service since my ISP provides dynamic IP.
b) I have local static IP of my box set up to 192.168.x.x
c) My router's (D-Link GSL 502t) IP is default (192.168.1.1)
d) Set up FTP and Webserver successfully locally and working great.
e) Properly port forwarded ports 80 and 21 in router. Router is currently in PPoE mode (always on)

My current problem: I able to only see the router's login page when i check from internet. How will i make my router redirect requests to my PC's IP?

Now could someone help ? :ashamed: