• Thread starter Thread starter nimbuz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 10,956

nimbuz

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU - 2.1 mbps
Hi all,Although I've been lurking around this forum for months, but this should be my first post. I'm having a problem adding a "scheduled task" under vista for the same telnet script that I have used for over a year in XP.I think I'm doing everything right but still the task won't run the actual script, but just the application itself.If anyone has it working on vista, can you please export and attach here so I, and possibly other having the same issue, can benefit from it.I would appreciate any help.Many thanks.and btw, I'm unable to access my router admin at 192.168.1.1 since last few months, not sure why, so I can't even change to bridge mode.

if ur unable to access console then try resetting the modem to factory setting . There must be some kind of buttton at the back . After pressing that button ( while modem is switched on) you would get your default username and password ( btw your connection settings would be gone too, so be careful about that 🙂 )

Thanks for the quick response. User/Password would be the second step, I can't even view the admin page at 192.1681.1 - it displays a 404 (page not found).Would reseting the modem fix it?Thanks

@nimbuz clear IE of all old files. .What is the modem you are using ?1.Start/ run cmd type ipconfig/all ( as in Xp pro SP2 )See what is the default gateway.Use it to open the modem page. Take down all previous entries, or save as screen shots, before resetting the modem. 2. start run cmd ipconfig/allping 192.168.1.1 and other IP's. and check.Para two : I am using XP Pro Sp2.

Okay, resetting the (502-T) modem fixed it. I see the Router's Admin page fine now.Vista Auto-Reboot issue still exists...

@nimbuz Hope it is DSl 502T. Please download manuals etc, if you don't have the CD.
Download

Download manuals etc for what? For auto-reboot of modem on vista issue?

@nimbuz. In a forum all kinds of info/is given in a thread for the benefit of others too.
You are free to ignore any information, and wait for response from other contributers.Let us not make the forum a chat program.
Yes . you don't need any manual/s for the router.
For a person , who could not access the modem settings for last few months ,manuals/ref books are not needed. Hope you have changed your modem to "bridge mode" now.
Regarding Telnet, the manuals have nothing to say !!!!

Update : A google search done for "Telnet script in Vista "
I find this link/download may be useful
GoodTech Systems, Telnet Server for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista 95/98/Me, telnet, server, windows, ftp server, ftp daemon, ftp windows nt, software, 95, 98, NT, nt telnet server, windows nt telnet, secure, vpn, tunnel, encryption, ssl, ssh, smtp, e

(Even in chat, we don't write irrelevant responses.)I got my router page problem sorted by physically resetting the Router, using the button at the back.I'm still stuck with the vista issue though, if someone has any ideas? Thanks anyway.

If anyone has been able to successfully auto-reboot the router using TST on Vista, please "export" your task schedular file and your reboot.txt and send over, I would be grateful.Thanks.

well i have configured it on vista..........but couldn't actually run the telnet scripting utility.... had to find a work around.....actually i had to create a seperate bat file to run the telnet script......

you can find the files here

Code:
http://link-removed.com/files/83709362/Reboot.rar
just schedule the reboot.bat file in task scheduler and it should run fine.....

actually i couldn't run the TST file using the whole path
C:\Reboot\TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

but then command ran
TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

thats why the bat file...... maybe someone can tell me why this happened.....couldn't pursue this further coz i am running short of time

Please note the file structure should be C:\Reboot

and the bat file to be scheduled C:\Reboot\reboot.bat

havent bothered to read all the posts above, but imho,using bridged mode and then using simple rasdial batch scripts is both faster and more reliable than telnet scripts.Ofcourse, this is only applicable if u have just the 1 machine you want to be connected to the internet

well i have configured it on vista..........but couldn't actually run the telnet scripting utility.... had to find a work around.....actually i had to create a seperate bat file to run the telnet script......

you can find the files here

Code:
http://link-removed.com/files/83709362/Reboot.rar
just schedule the reboot.bat file in task scheduler and it should run fine.....

actually i couldn't run the TST file using the whole path
C:\Reboot\TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

but then command ran
TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

I am doing the same thing but the telnet stops at password prompt.
thats why the bat file...... maybe someone can tell me why this happened.....couldn't pursue this further coz i am running short of time

Please note the file structure should be C:\Reboot

and the bat file to be scheduled C:\Reboot\reboot.bat

@nimbuzTST doesn't seem to work on Vista. I used to have task scheduler run a python script to reboot the modem via telnet before I switched over to bridged mode.