Setting up 2 broadband connections in a Single Computer!

• Thread starter Thread starter varmap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,840

varmap

ISP
MTNL TB 590NU
Ok, here's the scenario....I have MTNL triband as well as cable Internet (Lan based & not cable modem). I have a single Desktop computer....Now how do i setup my computer so that i can acess either of the 2 broad band services at a given time... Thanks in advance!

It has been discussed before so search for it!

Actually i searched a lot and came up with "Fusing" of 2 broadband connections...here on the other hand i want it at seperate times....what's the easist way out....Thanks

you can connect the mtnl router through usb and the other lan based broadband to your lan port. when you dont want to use mtnl, just keep the router off. when you want to use mtnl, just disable the lan connection from your lan properties.the easiest way would be just keep changing the lan cable.

The problem is The cable connection needs dialing while the MTNL connection does not...Moreover Cable ISP has fixed IP while MTNL does not...so every time i change the LAN cable i might have to change all the settings too??

^^^ yes you will have to change all that settings.or you can connect the mtnl router through usb.

Connect one with Usb other with lan Disable & enable at convenience. I think the Cable connection could not obtain ip address automatically unlike Adsl(mtnl).So either connect adsl with usb or have another Lan card(cost 125Rs) or change settings every time.Simple solution. 🙂

Ok, I have installed a second LAN card. I have connected the ADSL modm thru this lan. For the time being i have disabled the Cable Lan.Now when i try using IE, there is no activity ie. i cannot open any website. On the other hand if i use flashget to download something , it works perfectly.Also MSN messenger cannot connect but my AVG antivirus software can be updated....Am I missing a step in configuring the IE.

Finally, was able to connect ADSL thru USB by putting the DNS values in TCP/IP settings.ThankU everybody who responded to this thread!