session details weirdness on sify broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter gs_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,064

gs_k

ISP
SIFY
Yesterday I checked my session details and was shocked to see that i downloaded 374 MB of data between 2Hrs & 45mins with 128kbps plan? Usually this amount of downloading takes around 8-10Hrs since the speed is always fluctuating! Can anyone explain me how the hell is this possible (this is insane)? Is someone else using my account? Cuz during that time i was just chatting and surfing. And i am having another problem (cuz thats what sify is famous for) with my Sify BB. From past few weeks its showing this message "Ip address conflict:there is an IP address conflict with another system on the network "Now what is this? I would be glad if someone helps me on this. Thanks

someone`s using ur ip to download...thing is..if u turnoff ur pc without logging out of sifyBB client, ur ip will still have access to the internet..so ur ip can still be used to download or surfwhenever u want to disconnect frm the internet or want to turn off the pc..do Logoff frm sifyBB client before that...then the thief will not be able to access the internet even if he uses ur ip

okay but i log off everytime before turning off my computer. Anyways they have given me 14days unlimted as a compensation pack.Thanks