Session Details for the last 7 days.

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4,483
Originally posted by ultra vires@Dec 6 2004, 01:22 PM
im havin the sam eproblem i get 2.8k in morning and thats it at nite it goes to 7.5 max. :angry:
[snapback]2852[/snapback]
[/quote]

Its SickFy's way to reduce the datatransfer

Smart bstrds

Haha, I get it. Maybe you guys are tripping over Sify's 75 MB alarm.

Just calculate... how long does it takes to reach 75MB? very fast i think.and considering i download 27/4 , i always,everyday hit the 75 MB

In my opinion, if i download a file of 50MB n wen i check with Sify's session details, it doesn tally.Sify always addup around 10-20 MBs of its own to watever u have downloaded. I have chekced it with various bandwidth monitors, tally never matches, infact therz always a diff of 20% or so, at times even more.

well there would always be other traffic... and lost bandwidth packets. 20% would be a little too much to be justified.

If i'm not wrong, bandwidth monitor takes into account all kind of traffic. Atleast the one i have does (Bandwidth Montitor Pro)

If it has anything to do with my network card then it will be reported by Bandwidth monitor also, but if that local trafic has nothin to do with my network card(computer) then y the heck they add it to my account.Just think of those guys who r actually using DATA TRANSFER rage packs. Poor chaps!

Local network traffic really isn't much. I have a data transfer monitor (Maginet) too which displays the data transfer in MBs and it hardly comes to anythng significant when I am not doing anything on the internet.

Also the data transferred that shows up on the 7 day session list should just be whatever internet data is transferred to and from our computers since it ought to be calculated at the gateway or somewhere outside the LAN.

For me the data transferred shown by Sify exceeded the data transfer I monitored by about 4 MBs the two times I tallied the two. I thought it probably had to do with the different ways data transfers are calculated by different monitoring agents. Maybe no two programs could ever give the same results 😉