Service started in April

• Thread starter Thread starter newbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,394

newbee

The service started only in April in my city. I had registered for the service by filling up the form in March itself. Am I eligible for the free usage till June30? When I asked BSNL people, one of them told me its free while the other said they dont know anything about it. Can anybody help me?

Tough question but I doubt if ud be eligible....speak to BSNL as they know best.

Originally posted by ways2gain@Apr 29 2005, 08:12 PM
Tough question but I doubt if ud be eligible....speak to BSNL as they know best.
[snapback]8622[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to me you are eligible for unlimited download/upload. There are two reasons for this:

1. You have joied (applied for the service in March itself).
2. Currently the BSNL are not monitoring the upload/download limit. (Can be checked at www.dataone.in)

Actually this DataOne service is at a intitial stage of testing and upto 30th June their service will remain free for all.

sanjitcx

As a special incentive to customers, to come forward and take up/ test the service, for both Home and Business plans, additional usage charges (Rs/MB) for the use will not be levied up to 30th June, 2005 for the customers who join the service before 31st March, 2005. These are exact words of BSNL.

As far as I know, if the date of your WORK ORDER falls within 31st. March, u are safe and can enjoy unltd. till june 30. But remember not to forget the consequence if a fat bill of nearly 10k is found in your mailbox. So don't take chances and use the service wisely.

I dont care as I am always below 1 GB though my connection is in the first month of operation ( Feb ).

u r getting a bit rude man !! might be due to the datalimit imposed by bsnl !!my last message was for the other friend.

what i think is that personal requirement is no reason to form an opinion about a service. broadband is supposed to be fast and unlimited. trai defines it and indian companies are making a mockery of it. if your requirement is less than a gig a month, that does not mean that bsnl or for that matter any other company is providing decent services.

Well, opinion is his personal. So personal requirement matters in forming that opinion.

in a discussion group forcing one's personal opinion upon other does not make much sense. i hate sify. but if someone is happy with it, i do not force him into believing that sify is good. just dropping in with something u think is right coz it works for u and not others does not contribute to the discussion. anyways, this was my opinion 😛 and i should bug off from here. 🙂

I dont think I am getting rude becoz I actually dont care about the limits set by them as I am below that ( I was a user of DIAS since the begining - have u used that and then I switched to Dataone ). Before using DIAS I used cable net and before that I was on a private exchange based net connection ).Mr ModeratorI have earlier sais that the ISPs should be given fair time to gradually rationalise speed and also limits. If good sense prevails they will do so. They all will do so and competition should make prices either go down or else they will keep prices at this level and allow higher transfers ).I still stand by, by my personal opinion that it does affect me in any manner as I am prepared that rices may not go down much from here here higher bandwidth will soon be permitted.If u wish to ban me becoz of these views of mine, pls take a poll on the issue and then if I loose then pls ban me forever.Thanks.I am not forcing my view but just expressing my view though in a closed forum one should be careful about it. I am sorry if I violated any norm of the forum.

ways2gain,I feel that both of us are having some communication problem with the moderator. He can ban us forever, he will not do so. Only let's stay cool and try to understand the other guy...what do u say ?