Service started in April

newbee

[OP]
Apr 25, 2005
The service started only in April in my city. I had registered for the service by filling up the form in March itself. Am I eligible for the free usage till June30? When I asked BSNL people, one of them told me its free while the other said they dont know anything about it. Can anybody help me?

W

ways2gain

Tough question but I doubt if ud be eligible....speak to BSNL as they know best.

sanjitcx

Apr 14, 2005
Originally posted by ways2gain@Apr 29 2005, 08:12 PM
Tough question but I doubt if ud be eligible....speak to BSNL as they know best.
[snapback]8622[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to me you are eligible for unlimited download/upload. There are two reasons for this:

1. You have joied (applied for the service in March itself).
2. Currently the BSNL are not monitoring the upload/download limit. (Can be checked at www.dataone.in)

Actually this DataOne service is at a intitial stage of testing and upto 30th June their service will remain free for all.

sanjitcx

W

ways2gain

As a special incentive to customers, to come forward and take up/ test the service, for both Home and Business plans, additional usage charges (Rs/MB) for the use will not be levied up to 30th June, 2005 for the customers who join the service before 31st March, 2005. These are exact words of BSNL.

A

agnivo007

As far as I know, if the date of your WORK ORDER falls within 31st. March, u are safe and can enjoy unltd. till june 30. But remember not to forget the consequence if a fat bill of nearly 10k is found in your mailbox. So don't take chances and use the service wisely.

W

ways2gain

I dont care as I am always below 1 GB though my connection is in the first month of operation ( Feb ).

A

agnivo007

u r getting a bit rude man !! might be due to the datalimit imposed by bsnl !!my last message was for the other friend.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
what i think is that personal requirement is no reason to form an opinion about a service. broadband is supposed to be fast and unlimited. trai defines it and indian companies are making a mockery of it. if your requirement is less than a gig a month, that does not mean that bsnl or for that matter any other company is providing decent services.

Hulo

Regular
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
Well, opinion is his personal. So personal requirement matters in forming that opinion.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
in a discussion group forcing one's personal opinion upon other does not make much sense. i hate sify. but if someone is happy with it, i do not force him into believing that sify is good. just dropping in with something u think is right coz it works for u and not others does not contribute to the discussion. anyways, this was my opinion :p and i should bug off from here. :)