Server Not Found Problem.

• Thread starter Thread starter ppkakad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,505

ppkakad

ISP
Mtnl
.Hi actually i stay in Chembur(Mumbai) and i have MTNL....I have a wireless router of Netgear through which i connect 2 PCs with a wireless LAN card ....But these days i dunno why,,,the pages just doesnt load up... it says for eg Looking up www. google. com and then it shows "Server not found"....Now down below it shows me Network connection as "CONNECTED" on taskbar...When i repair the connection by right clicking on connection icon in taskbar,,then again conn gets established and pages load for 2-5 mins or so(in other words internet conn is active) and again the problem starts and pages doesnt load saying server not found...The main prob is when i need internet badly,,this problem occurs and i get frustrated and when i do not need internet tht much the connection is active for more than 2 hrs and prob just doesnt occurs......This problem just happens at varying times each day and it is just not possible for me to repair connection everytime....My DNS servers entered are 59.185.0.50 and 59.185.0.23....Plz help me find a solution....Is it problem from Mtnl side or prob from my side???Thanks.. 🙂

I am guessing your router keeps restarting.......I have the same problem sometimes. I goes away on its own but its a nightmare while it lasts.Go to 192.168.1.1 username: admin pass: admin and see the connection time. If it doesn't last 6 hours that might be a problem. When you say the connection works fine for 2-5 mins, is the problem related to a particular site?If it is, try shifting your dns servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and go to welcome.opendns.com to see if you have set it right. If it doesn't show so, you will have to change dns server setting in your router too.See if that works.