Server Disconnection/Timeout in Games, Internet Hangs on all devices new FTTH connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Alpha018
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 12,082
very likely the packet get corrupted along the route. though usually this results in re transmission instead of connection reset. Not sure why the connection is getting reset really though, this is just my guess.

@JB701 found something....

Source

i was monitoring discord packets and then found this...i was not able to hear and others were not able to hear me speaking at this exact timeframe

Discord is a realtime service and uses UDP for voice. So when the packet loss started happening, the voice cut off. There is no point of re transmitting these UDP Packets because voice is realtime .

The part you highlighted isn't used for voice but rather likely for supporting service of Discord (likely Web Interface because dst port is 443), so when loss started happening these packets were re transmitted.

Ya that is because UDP has no flags or other data in the header . Data is just sent from source to destination with hopes that network doesnt drop it anywhere.

This is a UDP Packet
UDP-packet-1024x375.jpg

This is a TCP Packet

Modified-TCP-Packet-Header-Format.png

You can use PingPlotter on Seige IP for an hour to see how much packet loss there is. Sometimes packet loss can happen suddenly for a few seconds and this isn't detectable with usual ping command which only pings for a short time.

As for Discord, not sure why UDP shows up separately..

it is showing some amount of packet loss in between but not at the end...and one more thing i noticed was highest ping on gateway IP while polling packets was 35ms... isn't that too high?

Keep pingplotter on and play a game, if you are facing issues in game then there would be ping spikes/packet loss on pingplotter.

35ms is high but spikes like that do happen on most internet connections. I don't think thats the problem if averages are fine.