Server Disconnection/Timeout in Games, Internet Hangs on all devices new FTTH connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Alpha018
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 12,071
It's not CGNAT, don't know what to call it. We all get dynamic public IP addresses.
Maybe they've CGNATed the gateways? 🤣 You're not facing any issues @sloj

@Alpha018 ping spikes (especially at the first hop itself) can be due to buffer bloat - "the device at your bottleneck link (most likely your router) is letting bulk traffic (uploads/downloads) interfere with (and slow down) your time-sensitive traffic (gaming, Skype, Facetime, etc.)".

Check that page and try dslreports speed test which gives a grade. Solutions are tough though for these ISP-provided pieces-of-s**t boxes and one's forced to make sure no other network intensive activity takes place while streaming/gaming.

@Alpha018 ping spikes (especially at the first hop itself) can be due to buffer bloat - "the device at your bottleneck link (most likely your router) is letting bulk traffic (uploads/downloads) interfere with (and slow down) your time-sensitive traffic (gaming, Skype, Facetime, etc.)".

Check that page and try dslreports speed test which gives a grade. Solutions are tough though for these ISP-provided pieces-of-s**t boxes and one's forced to make sure no other network intensive activity takes place while streaming/gaming.

Source

@maverick27 , @JB701 , @hemant
please allow me to add something...i have been going back and forth from exchange to other technical staff on this earlier and my local NIB also called me and asked to send wireshark results, following which they said...my IP address is being rejected at times by some other parties in the connection...they didnt say what can be done abt it though...is this something?

Quality D, it says, is from significant packet loss. May be check wires and connections? If you have another device (android phone or some other pc), try pinging the router from it too and see if you get the same ping spike.

Saw the wireshark captures but not very familiar so can't say.

I think BSNL said the other party is rejecting the packets because of TCP Packets with RST flags on (which indicates connection reset). This can happen when the other party receives data that is corrupted in some way.

will getting a static ip from the ISP resolve this? coz both isps i used before bsnl had static ips and had no issues