Server Disconnection/Timeout in Games, Internet Hangs on all devices new FTTH connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Alpha018
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 12,051
Did you try forgetting the wifi network on those two devices and connecting afresh?

And i was referring to the wifi logs and malware scan on those two devices only. Look the the phones' log and run a malware scan on them.
Logs section was not opening in Router UI.
I tried forget and reconnect WiFi yet issue is observed.

Which Malware scan I can use on mobile?
BTW this issue also observed when I connected friend's mobile to my WiFi network.

Thats unfortunate . I had the same issue where I kept getting disconnected while downloading / updating from play store and it got solved after changing my MTU value .
Also can you tell me if you can download without issues with a VPN?
Which VPN can I use?

will check that too
another thing you could do is try transferring something between two local devices connected to the router - see what max speeds you hit. you can triangulate if it's cable fault or interface fault or router fault. if cables between your devices and router can hit full speeds, then may be it's LCO's splicing went bad or the cable had kinks.

Might be time to replace Router?

"TP-Link WR840N" is the Router I have which was given by Broadband Service Provider in March 2020. Earlier I mostly had 10-15 Mbps plan. Its only few weeks back I upgraded to FTTH and selected 30 Mbps plan.
i've seen 6+ devices connected to this and working fine. would be surprised if router was the issue.

can't really think of anything apart from what other's have suggested. may be check some more config settings like
  • if bandwidth control is enabled, have you set right speeds? check without it?
  • are there any clashes with ip addresses/ mac addresses in that dhcp clients list?
  • remove ip/mac bindings if any and check. then add separate ips for each devices' mac and check
  • disable ipv6 everywhere (unless you need it?)
  • are there any entries in DoS Blocked list when net drops? may be try disabling all DoS Protection entries and check?

@hemant
Bandwidth control is not enabled.
No clashes with any IP and MAC among devices.
No binding done between IP and MAC.
IPv6 was already disabled.
DoS protection was enabled.

I disabled DoS protection and tried to download apps from Google Play Store. 4 apps were successfully downloaded, and internet was not disconnected. So could this be the reason? I would keep DoS protection disabled for few days and check. But is it recommended to disable DoS protection?

well, a lot of routers/modems don't have that. plus being behind NAT and bridged modem, there's already some DoS protection (sort of) - the modem will drop unsolicited pkts from wan interface.

if that's indeed the issue (easy to confirm - enable and see if anything gets added to DoS blocked host list), may be you could try increasing those limits. if it was play store, i'd think it was tcp syn flood (i have no idea why that tripped though). so increase that to 200/s may be. dropping ping from wan port should be no issue.

@hemant you were right. Issue was related to DoS protection. After I enabled DoS protection and ran App update from Google Play Store, MAC of my mobile was blocked in DoS protection, and internet stopped. After I cleared MAC from blocked list, internet started working again.
I would just disable tcp syn and check what happens.
Thanks a lot for identifying exact issue 👍🏻

another thing you could do is try transferring something between two local devices connected to the router - see what max speeds you hit. you can triangulate if it's cable fault or interface fault or router fault. if cables between your devices and router can hit full speeds, then may be it's LCO's splicing went bad or the cable had kinks.
its not the cables between my system and router coz problem is there on devices in wireless connection also

@SVK probably something to do with your phone then. Try looking at the wifi log.

Run a malware scan as well.
Another update from my side.
My Son said that some games were automatically getting installed on Tablet. I had set Parental Control ON and any app or game with 3+ age rating would need pin. Yet some games were getting installed automatically of 3 age rating. (I asked him if he was installing them, he said it were appearing automatically and he also played those. 1 game I remember is Bike Hop).
I scanned by Samsung's inbuilt security, but no threat was detected. I installed Malware Bytes and scanned by that, still nothing detected.
Finally I formatted Tablet, and guess what, after Tablet was restarted, it updated apps from Google Play Store without any disconnection even though DoS protection is enabled. Other Phones are also updating apps from Google Play Store without disconnection.
So it looks like issue with some Virus or Malware in Tablet which was causing issue.
Thanks for your valuable inputs @maverick27 @JB701 @Reklez @hemant

Last edited:
@Alpha018 It's a 100% packet loss . It also occurring to me nowadays . Getting bans for hours due to this bullshit network! The most irritating thing is it solves after 2-5mins automatically . Even assigned IP address is same . It must be a backend issue.

it's possible that's a fault in bsnl's network but it's also a symptom of cable kinks/splicing issues.

also if you guys have routers that have DoS protection stuff (apparently fairly standard in TP-Link these days), you should try disabling it.

it's possible that's a fault in bsnl's network but it's also a symptom of cable kinks/splicing issues.

also if you guys have routers that have DoS protection stuff (apparently fairly standard in TP-Link these days), you should try disabling it.
its not an issue at our end.

i have friends from Kannur and Trivandrum districts having same issues, i am from Palakkad Dist of Kerala btw..