September 27 2011 is here now. Are you still getting any SPAM SMS?

Sushubh

Administrator
2 hours have passed by. This is not the usual time to get spammy texts. Today should be interesting.

hitman

Regulars
One thing I don't understand .. Even if we stop DND then also how can we be sent messages?There is a 100 sms limit per day .. So these spammers won't be able to sent much sms in anyway .. isn't it?

Sushubh

Administrator
hard to say. they can buy 1000 SIM cards and use them to rotate them automatically to send bulk smses? technology should be advance enough to provide enough loopholes. i wonder how they would innovate now that this system is finally enabled.

hitman

Regulars
still would be very difficult to operate such a system .. 100 sms is basically nothing .. lets see wht happens in morning .. I usually get 14-15 sms per day ..

Sushubh

Administrator
i wonder if it is possible to spoof mobile numbers through some programming that runs on a computer connected to a sms gateway. i have very little information about how bulk texting works. other folks here might have a better point of view. i am pretty sure that we are going to see record number of new mobile subscribers next month. :p or maybe the industry would just evolve to something else... spam on whatsapp? :D

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
spam on whatsapp -> quite possible! :confused:

slash84

Tech Dude
2 hours have passed by. This is not the usual time to get spammy texts. Today should be interesting.

I got mails from all Websites like Yebhi,Flipkart, Mydala and rest that SMS's will only be sent between 9AM-9PM, that too only if i opt for it. My usual morning is welcomed with a flurry of atleast 5 SMS's and i still haven't received a single one. DND finally works :D

IndianMascot

Addicts
Bulk SMS are sent using Web Based Interface and works on A2P(Application to Person) protocol.One can use HTTP, XML and SMPP for API Connectivity to the Platform. Sender ID can be masked using these applications. Registered Telemarketers get marketing data from Telcos. They filter DND data and sends promotional bulk sms via using these A2P Softwares. These softwares use multiple SMSCs to control the message traffic load. But Many Non-Registered Telemarketers get data in wrong way and send promotional messages to any random numbers. Because the are not registered telemarketers, hence they do not get data of DND customers from TRAI or Telcos and sent Bulk messages to each and every subscribers. And thats the reason we get spam messages inspite of being active in NCCP Database.