Sensorly

• Thread starter Thread starter kreacher10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 5,792
I have contributed for Mumbai - 2G maximum data of AirtelWhatever you see in 2G of Mumbai Airtel on western surburb , is exactly what I have contributed on Sensorly.Today I contributed for Andheri - DHanu on WH8 Highway.... check it !!Todays contribution are arounf 7800 points... getting uploaded via my wifi right now.

signal strength is in the app ... when you click on a particular area... both 2g and 3g strength..the darker color denotes strong signal.... lighter color is weak.... grey is no signal patch

Seems like a good idea. I'll start with Dolphin Mumbai !

I was very surprised to see Airtel was not covered by anyone & MTNL was covered at many places including the Worli Sea Link a month ago.

Whatever you see of airtel in western surburbs is covered by me till churchgate till andheri.
I saw some maps of France .... they are heavily contributed and 99.9% all are 3G networks...

Link to download the App. Its also available on Google Play.

Download the APP

https://twitter.com/sensorly/status/233126846881996800

Why it can not automatically detect the coverage? Or I am not understanding this app?

By scanning all the available providers, their network type and signal strength in current geographic area of the handset.

Ok can you please write a short description on how to setup and other stuff for successful reporting.

This App works like this:Install the AppApp tries to lock your gps. Then it collects all network signals of your carrier.That data goes to the server when you are connected via gprs/3g/wifi. That can be viewed on sensorly.comClick Map Trip to collect the data of a particular area/route. Best is to use it in car or a window seat of bus/train.In car use car charger to avoid battery drain.

I will post some screenshot.. I guess its not able to recognise my carrier.