security vs privacy!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 4,326
Well if you don't like it ..least you can do is drop a suggestion in the mall's suggestion box. Malls do check their suggestions box.Imax and other malls have metal detectors but curiously PVR has hand checking. Not that i don't mind it. They just move their hand on back and jeans front and back pockets and that too for formality. Not like some of the videos showing america's airport security where they put their hand deep into your a$$

^ if we wont oppose strongly....mark my words , u will soon experience america like irritating/more harassing/embarrassing security measures . mark my words in BOLD LETTERS.

well i am with OP on this one, i find this too totally disgusting and on top it is of no use . in case you look into studies of rape, molestation, child abuse , which btw are really high in Indian metros this kind of groping has a very negative effect on a person suffering from such a trauma , i din't notice if they do it to kids below 15 years but if i had a kid and a stranger touched him [ which is one thing i would teach my kids to report to me if it happens] i would kick the living day lights out of that person, a child is no threat and no stranger has any right to touch him/her. as for avoiding malls and places of public it is very hard if you are recovering of any kind of sexual trauma mixing into society is the 1st thing any counselor will tell you , and you get groped there !!! they have to come with body scanners i don't mind any machine scanning my naked body on x ray but keep your frigging hands off my butts in my tight jeans it feels highly uncomfortable. and oh yeah i have been groped to full extent by TSA and no matter what the cost to work i am not traveling to states again.

^ what should i do if i dont have any such sexual traumatic past, and hate these security measures still ugly ??? should i stop visiting the malls or any place which have these kind of measures in that case????

Ok, slightly offtopic.I have noticed in an IT campus - Bags of people who walk in through the gate are checked thoroughly. Bonnet is checked of people who drive in - their bags in the side seat or at the back seat are not checked. I was like WTH, so one cannot bring in illegal stuff in a bag when one is walking in, but no problem if you carry illegal stuff in a bag and drive in 😕

things are not as bad these days. they become horrible after a bomb blast in delhi though. most of the time they would just check your pockets and let you pass.

they are pretty terrible always, in ghaziabad and noida and even in gurgaon if i am not wrong.......they do a thorough check , start from ur chest, then ur thighs and back pockets, sometimes half legs, i could bring anything on in my shoes or something. whats the point of checking??? leave shoes,anybody can bring anything with a little planning, just because they dont want to spend ****ing money to buy the machines we have to go through this disgrace.

i have been through enough security checks at malls and Hotels to know how to get in stuff that i want to without getting caught.

they check thousands of people on a daily basis. you think they do a thorough job every single time? not really.

my friend would always use the excuse dicky jam hai nahi khulegee at parking and the people there let him go after shrugs.

no one checks for your shoe soles or your phone or wallet closely enough. if someone is serious carrying inside explosives, he should have little problem getting through security. these are tired old man sick of their jobs with no concern for your safety.

exactly, they dont do proper checking anyways.

they just dont treat us like humans thats all, we are just like a money bringing customer for them.
also they do checking to make sure that we dont bring some thing which we will have to buy inside the mall and it helps in their profitability.

during my visit to singapore , i didnt really face these kinds of stupid checks in malls at all, not even with hand scanners.......except the airport, that too very sophisticated.

Ok, slightly offtopic.

I have noticed in an IT campus - Bags of people who walk in through the gate are checked thoroughly. Bonnet is checked of people who drive in - their bags in the side seat or at the back seat are not checked. I was like WTH, so one cannot bring in illegal stuff in a bag when one is walking in, but no problem if you carry illegal stuff in a bag and drive in 😕

Forget the car checking, Once when I was entering in my office premises and was asked to show my ID card when I was sitting inside my car. I showed him the car music system's remote from inside and he opened the gate for me! The security in couple of IT companies is just pathetic!

Forget the car checking, Once when I was entering in my office premises and was asked to show my ID card when I was sitting inside my car. I showed him the car music system's remote from inside and he opened the gate for me! The security in couple of IT companies is just pathetic!

Yeah... Heard a similar case, friends brother works in a different IT company, was allowed to enter , after he showed that companies' ID in an impulse from the car.

^ if we wont oppose strongly....mark my words , u will soon experience america like irritating/more harassing/embarrassing security measures . mark my words in BOLD LETTERS.
You can start opposing by dropping a suggestion into suggestion box 🙂

Hand held detectors won't cost much for malls and if they come to know that customers are facing troubles, they'll surely buy them. Am saying this out of my own experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=X6hvUWv2CsYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNO-AzPxS4U&feature=player_embedded

atleast the tgip mall in noida now have sensor based checking ............i was relieved there yesterday:smiley-cool06:

things are much better here in gurgaon too. just a formality wala check. i guess they are waiting for another bomb blast in delhi ncr now. it has been a while.