Security Vs Privacy : Your thoughts

ISP
BSNL Fiber 750GB
It recent times , it has been increasing trend to overlap and in some instances step upon the right of ones privacy in the name of security , either for the community or for the country in general.
It has become almost an impossible battle to win against those who support security , surveillance at the cost of ones privacy. When someone tries to confront these people , it becomes a immediate retaliation that those who are pro-privacy , are trying to hide the guilty and have hidden agendas.
UN states Right to privacy , even in digital world a inherent basic rights to people.
What are your thoughts on this crucial issue , which i think has ramification in many projects coming up in india , as well worldwide.

OT: I think people using facebook and similar social networking websites should probably never care about this as they have already revealed everything (and even more) to the world.

I prefer security over privacy just because if there is no security, there is no privacy.

I am not a terrorist. I don't mind if any idiot is reading my emails or text message. I though strongly oppose leaking data by main firms, what alternatives we have ?

my relative gone USA lately was frisked by authorities there, they would touch your private parts too , i think few years down the line we will have to walk naked , so that there is no frisking ,and easy stopping of terrorism , what alternative do we have , other than getting naked?

There is nothing of that sort in India. And US is the extreme case, isn't it. I know Gmail and Facebook are allowing govt.s to access private data. But there are no possible alternatives.

meetdilip said:
I prefer security over privacy just because if there is no security, there is no privacy.
There is really good quote
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

meetdilip said:
I am not a terrorist. I don't mind if any idiot is reading my emails or text message. I though strongly oppose leaking data by main firms, what alternatives we have ?

This is the usual "I dont have nothing to hide" argument .
http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461/
https://www.efa.org.au/2013/06/12/you-dont-have-nothing-to-hide/

You dont need to be a terrorist to be found guilty. Given the current state of police and how they work ( simplest eg being traffic police) , how sure are you , that the actions and things you do , did havent violated any single law in this country ?
You wouldnt even know a data is leaked or not , fortunately a whistle blower came forward to break this prism.

I think if there are good practice , even with the current checks in place , i think most of the security lapses can be averted. For eg , mobile sim card , border security etc.