Security Threat on Tatasky.com website

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,303

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
It seems tatasky.com has forgotten to add the password field on the login page. You type any subscriber id /RMN and it will show you the details including your name balance left/expiry date/ due date and recommended recharge value & current pack you subscribed totatasky.com - what are you doing?

You only see subscriber ID, account balance and you can recharge, for rest all features you need to enter password.This is not security flaw or something.

if you know sub id + name + subscribed plans+ balance+due date+balance left, and you call the customer care, they ask you some basic questions which you can answer with this set of information and they can take a request to change plan etc... so it can be a security risk

I remember my school days when once so called bright student made a mistake in a question in an exam and whole class got the answer wrong for the same mistake !!🙂

I was browsing Tata Sky id with my user id and password and after few clicks I was shocked to see that I have subscribed to some udiya channels. Also I had more than usual balance in my account. After few clicks here and there I got another shock to see my name as "Mahesh" or something like that. I guess there website is really messed up now a days and there are some serious security flaws in it.!!