Seagate and WD are shortening the warranties on new drives...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,163
1st the price rise ...now this !!i hope they do something n reduce ssd prices if not anything esle in 2012.

was so looking fwrd for a 2TB- 3TB price rise killed it for now.

ya because Segates external 2TBs had like all kinds of ..... problems imaginable it totally spoiled Segate's name in external HDD !

i am sticking to Hitachi ones now coz they are silent and fast. I am tired of WD and Seagate issues

i have a old(7 yr old Hitachi drive). works flawlessly.i also have a WD caviar black. a bit noisy but damn fast. i had many issues with segate ove the past few yrs. stopped buying segate stuff few yrs bck.

Thankfully I got myself a pair of 2TB seagate drives 3 months ago. Now the same drive costs 3 times. What a joke. It seems like these companies are cashing in on flood problem.

Hitache WD and Seagate are the only HDD companies left I think. everyone has moved on!

----------

errm...

Western Digital announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (GST), the disk drive arm of Hitachi Ltd., in a cash and stock transaction valued at about $4.3 billion.

Western Digital is the leading supplier of hard disk drive technology, with about 31% of the market, followed by Seagate Technology with 29%. Hitachi GST's business represents about 18% of total hard drive units shipped, according to market research firm iSuppli. Once combined, Western Digital and Hitachi GST will handily dominate Seagate in the market.

Western Digital to buy Hitachi's disk storage division for $4.3B — www.computerworld.com — Readability

pretty soon they will be coming out with 4TB in India too, I wonder I much it will cost though :lol: