SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 130,195
I just found out, there is a way to change the language option in SCV STB, they are actually giving both English and Tamil feed and you can choose which language you want.

If you change the audio out put to left or right i think language feed of the channel gets changed.........

So...Chennai guys, as OCT 31st is nearing what's ur status with STB?? I tried to get one by my Cable service provider doesn't have a clue about its availability.

Have paid cable guy Rs.1000 advance for two CAS stbs. He's with scv now, told he might move to arasu cable in few days. He already have ordered for stbs, says it would be available anytime in nov. Until that i have to stick with analog, he also promised that there won't be any black out until stb arrives. He promises there would be a minimum of 100 channels in digital quality for Rs.100 pm, including all the channels i have now in analog. I'm currently getting 80-90 channels for Rs.100 pm ...

Why get scv stb.. Why not dth like videocon or Tata Sky
I don't watch TV. Its only for my mom. I think for a 22" LCD SCV STB is enough.Moreover don't wanna spend much on DTH

I am hearing from many people stating that they have paid Rs. 1000 as an advance for STB but they have not received their STB's......I still remember the KD brothers when CAS was 1st introduced in 4 MEtos chennai was the first metro to get started with CAS and they didnt objected it...where as other metros didnt got for CAS at all...Regarding digitalization its completely opposite...

I am hearing from many people stating that they have paid Rs. 1000 as an advance for STB but they have not received their STB's......

I still remember the KD brothers when CAS was 1st introduced in 4 MEtos chennai was the first metro to get started with CAS and they didnt objected it...where as other metros didnt got for CAS at all...

Regarding digitalization its completely opposite...
That's the main reason i stopped watching TV for 5+ yrs now as most of the main English channels were not available with standard cable connection.

Better stay away from TV... Movie channels are highly censored..even the dialogues with lot of ads. Who needs that.English news channels - only sensationalism Only thing that my Internet lags behind is Live Sports in HD. Once you get used to sports in HD, it very difficult to watch it in SD.Even if don't want English channels & HD I would always stay away from KD brothers SCV/SunDrirect. They just keep playing ugly games like removing chanels/reducing the quality of their competing channels. Latest victim Puthiya Thalaimurai. It's not available in Sundirect and SCV(many areas)

Able to watch all channels right now.Nothing happened as we expected.

News Courtesy - Times of India
Putting brakes on the Centre’s cable TV digitization plan, the Madras high court on Wednesday extended the deadline in Chennai from October 31 to November 5. An interim order to this effect was passed by Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar on a petition filed by the Chennai Metro Cable TV Operators Association.